Big Brake Upgrade - Revo

Just wanted to add an observation to my thread after having run these for a while now.

The reduction in brake dust is astonishing. So marked that I noticed it when it wasn't something I was even looking for or expecting when I decided to have these fitted.

Wheels looking cleaner for longer suits my OCD :laugh::laugh:

Very nice, its always good to have a bit more bite on the brakes, can i ask, do those big calipers bolt straight on or are there any engineering mods to carry out? And does it require a bigger servo too?

Standard T32 brakes are pretty fierce, I can’t imagine needing anymore braking power than they give.

Standard T32 brakes are pretty fierce, I can’t imagine needing anymore braking power than they give.
I find that they work fine but they do need a fair stab on my t6 with dsg as the auto box seems to allow it to run away with me. I have a few working transits and the brakes seem better on those. They are all manual.

Mine
I find that they work fine but they do need a fair stab on my t6 with dsg as the auto box seems to allow it to run away with me. I have a few working transits and the brakes seem better on those. They are all manual.

My T32 is a manual, it’s fully converted and heavy, definitely no braking delay, I locked the rear at 40mph the other day in the dry. I’ve driven a couple of loan DSGs but never really used the brakes in anger so I can’t compare.

OK, I didn’t realise that. The front discs are massive, it looks like they just clear the Davenport wheels.
you have the biggest ones available then, common misconception that the t32 got bigger brakes. you have to have a t32 and either a 180/204hp to get them as standard

Perhaps it would be feasible then, and cheaper to source the bigger vw brakes from a 180 or 204? Perhaps not in the same league as the Revo conversion but better nonetheless.

My T32 is a 150 and has the big brakes
Then stands to reason mine should have too, although i don't know how to find this out. Adequate they are, but not what ide call particularly strong. Wonder if higher performance brake pads would make much improvement? I've been fitting them on my motorcycles for years with positive results although discs wear out faster.

If you see them side by side its clear whether you have them or not,they are almost the size of the inside of the Devonports on mine,i agree with @DXX,my brakes are pretty strong. I had to do a real hard stop from 60mph on the way back from fishing a few weeks back and one of the lads in the back said(after he had unburied himself from beneath four peoples fishing gear!) F**k me,they are really good brakes for a van,good job really i replied! Saved the day anyhow

you have the biggest ones available then, common misconception that the t32 got bigger brakes. you have to have a t32 and either a 180/204hp to get them as standard

That makes sense, mines a Euro 5, 180. Goes OK and stops even better. Looks like VW got it right!

I know what you saying my work transit custom blows away my T6 on stopping power, the brake feels ultra sharp in comparison

Back