Reversing camera view

Crallc

Hi all, recently bought a t6 which has a reverse camera but I can't use it due to the view that it shows. It looks straight down at the ground as shown in photo as I reversed towards my garage. The camera on my other car shows a view of the whole area behind me not just the ground. Anyone experienced this ? 20210802_201954.jpg

That’s an after market camera not OEM. Maybe it’s position can be adjusted?

That doesn’t look normal, mine doesn’t have the blue lines ?
The view almost looks zoomed, I guessing it’s an aftermarket camera ?

I wouldn't know but it seems that way. Would they not come standard on the highline? I've just been out to take a photo of the camera location, which doesn't seem to be adjustable physically. 20210815_204429.jpg

VW said that I couldn't have a factory fit camera on my Highline with barn doors so I reckon it is certainly aftermarket.

Reversing camera wouldn’t be standard in a Highline, and I recall seeing a thread recently that you can’t have a factory fit on barn doors either as @oldiebut goodie says

The option which seems to have been fitted on barn doors models which I have seen (again seen a thread here on it) looks bloody awful and not like you have, so def looks like an aftermarket of some sort and not well set up.

Thanks for the advice. It's is awful and I was hoping there was going to be an easy fix. I will have to ignore it and use sensors ha

Back