911Jon

Hi,

Currently installing a pioneer ND-BC8 reversing camera to my T6 Transporter, Looking for advise on picking up a reversing feed in the cab area

Regards

Jon

Hello,just had this done and would like to say thanks to the people that posted threads detailing there own experiences and advice on the job. A couple of things we discovered that might help people attempting this are that if using a dremmel or similar to cut the hole,it is much easier to do from inside the tailgate and once you have the wiring along the roof and down the a pillar and after removing the end panel on the dash and the head-unit, you can fish the wires through without removing anything else,hope this helps anyone doing this

hi
im just about to fit a reversing camera , my t6 is barn door and fully converted.
I've taken the door panel off , so im looking for any tips and advice as to running the wires , in the number plate light area

cheers nige

run the cables above the roof lining to the rear D pillar,

pull out the rear light cluster and feed the cables down the void to the existing door loop area,

you can take out the rubber bung at the top to help fish a draw wire through,

then feed it through the existing cable loop to get into the inner door.

20180522_105554.jpg

Last edited:
whats the best way of coming from outside in , with the wires from behind the camera , if that makes sense

drill up into the plastic part (near the number plate light)

Once your inside the door the complete plastic assembly can be removed from the van allowing you to fit the camera unit and get the cables in through before reinstalling it

Absolut5 , Thank you for help back in January. I have just managed to get the cable for the camera from back to front, so just need to connect into the red and black wires. I assume I am connecting into the red and black wires coming out of the mutli pin connector, is that correct? What would you recommend I use to make the connection?

The red wire is not coming via the connector blocks but out of a largish black box, which in turn connects into the blocks.

The unit is DNX518VDABS

Thank you in advance.

Connect the red from try camera to the red between the Kenwood and the small black CanBus box and again for the black, solder if you can

Thank you, reassuring I am looking at the correct wires.

Are you able to sell me a replacement loom modified to include connectors for the camera?

Thank you

No need, just splice them into the corresponding wires,

If not send me you loom and il send it back same day

Thank you so much for the offer. I took the plunge, now spliced and soldered and all works.

One final question (I hope). I have not managed to get the nav instructions onto the MFD (I have audio). Paul (@Pauly) had a look when he coded my headlights but did not want to mess round to much. He said you were the man.

You guys are so helpful I hope somehow I can return the favour.

Thank you so much for the offer. I took the plunge, now spliced and soldered and all works.

One final question (I hope). I have not managed to get the nav instructions onto the MFD (I have audio). Paul (@Pauly) had a look when he coded my headlights but did not want to mess round to much. He said you were the man.

You guys are so helpful I hope somehow I can return the favour.

Excellent....

Do you have VCDS ?

Back