Which Reversing Camera?

6A06D569-366F-41B7-8336-25B9659F6151.jpeg

does anyone know what’s needed to fit a rear camera to this head unit? And the best place to buy one. Thanks

Speak to @Absolut5 , he has a range of cameras from Kenwood, Pioneer and OEM that can all work with various VW and aftermarket head units. I have the above Discover Media head unit and have just purchased a camera from him.

Hi,
I just bought a T6 with camping conversion - that I thought included reversing sensors. Sadly not, so now I am thinking of adding a reversing camera - any recommendations - or things to avoid.

Also while I could probably do it - i would prefer to have it installed by someone who knows what they are doing ?
Thanks
Hi. Did you get a suitable reversing camera?

Hi,
I just bought a T6 with camping conversion - that I thought included reversing sensors. Sadly not, so now I am thinking of adding a reversing camera - any recommendations - or things to avoid.

Also while I could probably do it - i would prefer to have it installed by someone who knows what they are doing ?
Thanks

which headunit do you have? A picture if you are not sure

I'm looking at retro OEM rear camera installation in our converted t6 lwb tailgate ... Has anybody had success with the vagtec kit? It's that or dual dashcam setup

seen this?

seen this?

I hadn’t thank you kindly! I’m new here but what a great resource full of helpful people.
thanks again

more here:

then when your ready, come join the VIP club:

for access to all this great stuff , plus more:

I bought a waterproof BlackVue IR unit for my 2ch dash camera. I use an old iPhone mounted where the mirror would have been ( solid rear door and solid bulkhead so no rear view other than door mirrors) and use it as rear view mirror which is on all the time. No drill holes in the body, I fed the wire through a slot I made in the inexpensive LED number plate light housing and sealed it with butyl cord. Just need to wipe it now and again in heavy rain if the rain-x wears off.
It is fixed to the tailgate with high temperature VHB tape so hot summer days make sure to adhesive doesn’t let go. Works a treat I also have the benefit of monitoring the van remotely via the cloud.
Parking set up works for 12 hours off the BlackVue 124x which is kept charged by the factory second battery under the seat so long monitoring time possible and no danger of flattening the starter battery. So if the second battery goes flat, I still have 12 hours protection from the 124x.

FA3DEDB6-E9DF-40C2-90F5-F66B5692DCEE.png

7CE7B7FF-3875-44A6-9FE3-4317CC33A649.jpeg

I'm looking at retro OEM rear camera installation in our converted t6 lwb tailgate ... Has anybody had success with the vagtec kit? It's that or dual dashcam setup
I bought my OEM retrofit kit from EUcarsystems (link below). Service was great and it is installed and working as it should with the VW head unit. There are several different options available so be sure to select the right one (barn door/tailgate/LWB/SWB etc). I saw a few negative reviews of VAGTEC so i avoided them.

Hi, also looking to get a Rev cam retrofitted to my 6.1 thought it’s easier asking here rather then starting a new thread!
I’ve no idea what head unit this is?
Anyone got any Suggestions

72DC432C-2AE6-4E1C-B163-06701CD1DE42.jpeg

@Absolut5 supplied mine and I got someone to fit it for £80. It’s plug and play and the camera on the rear is kenwood and is a good clear picture.

Bloody hell.. I just reread what I wrote, I’m surprised anyone could even make sense of it .
Anyways thanks guys I’ve messaged absolut5, Nuneaton is a 260 mile round trip for me which is way too far. If I could just get the kit I can get someone local to install it, then I guess it’ll just need coding in?

Back