Which Reversing Camera?

we got ours from here > way cheaper than the £600 factory option.

Home page | VAG-TEC E-shop

shipped in from poland, all OEM kit. took a few days to arrive.

we got this one >

Genuine OEM Retrofit Kit - Rear Camera - Twin Barn Doors - T6 Transporter

Genuine Volkswagen OEM Retrofit Kit - Rear View Camera - VW T6 | VAG-TEC E-shop

NEW VW T6 - Rear View Camera KIT - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit -

See behind your car with rear view camera.

A camera at the back of your car shows you what's behind to make reversing safer and easier. Or rear view camera lets you spot any obstacles behind your car - even moving ones - quickly and easily, thanks to the rear view camera.

The camera starts working as soon as you put your car into reverse gear. It shows the area behind your car on your radio or radio navigation system display offering you a clear reversing image with easy-to-follow guidelines. Superimposed graphic lines guide you to the optimal steering lock, guaranteeing fuss-free, smooth parking.

Using the rear view camera means you'll be able to manoeuvre quickly and easily, even into the most difficult parking space. It also alerts you to low-down obstacles which parking sensors cannot always detect. The reversing camera is also a great help when you're hitching up a trailer.

Compatible with Head Unit:

Composition Media
Discover Media
Discover Media Plus

Note:

After installation you need to code the system.
Please contact your local VW dealer or workshop with diagnostic software ( VCDS or ODIS ).

Availability:In stock

Estimated Shipping: 1-2 Days

Weight: 1.5 kg

Installation Time: 3 Hours

Item Condition: New

Fitting Instructions: Available

Required Fitting Expertise: Medium - Some Fitting Skills Required

Warranty Period: 12 months

It come with a new rear plastic cover with the camera already mounted. but we have colour coded plastics, so we plan to fit the camera in our painted part - still yet to do this bit.

The loom come complete, even with the pins ready to be connected to the rear ISO block on the Nav.

Edit -

the cable run was ok doing a bit of fishing here and here.

remove the rear door panel, run cable through existing door loom boot.

fish cable from behind rear light up to upper tailgate hinge cover.

fish cable above roof lining with existing loom all the way to the front.

fish cable across cab roof lining and down A-pillar.

fish cable behind glovebox to rear of nav.
Help! My van is already lined, have run the cable to the top corner area (inside), need now to get it through to the rear light, camera already fitted to barn door. Any suggestions please.....thanks.

If your fitting the genuine kit then thats going to be tricky
The camera end is pre plugged so you feed the cable from the camera forwards to the dash

Nope, not genuine kit, have installed a 'button hole' camera in the rear badge & a tft screen on the rear view mirror. Not a cable in sight, until I've attempted to join them up behind the rear light.....aarrgghh, no holes to feed cable through! Have thought about drilling, but dont want to go through the wiring loom......

Hi there I have a nextbase fitted front and rear. I had to make a wee bracket for it to bolt it too but works perfectly well. Might not be everyones choice but it was on a deal and you can change settings to just rear only or whatever you want.

Hi there mate I use one of five in my work. There all hyster one's that we have. We also have an old mast truck too but the chains need replaced not a small job either. We had a kalmar but it kept breaking down. So we sold it.

Hello
I want to know if any das instrument is compatible to install an after market reverse camera. And if any solution to the non compatible ones?
Thnx

Does anyone have a reverse cameras on there T6. I'm wanting some recommendations. Ideally the centre mirror as I don't want to change the factory head unit. I'm happy to have someone come fit it or visit an installer within Yorkshire.

Good afternoon all,

Rear view cameras? Help? New to the scene and would like a rear camera fitted. What is the best option, where do I buy it and how compatible is it with this head unit?

Many Thanks
Greg image.jpg

Does anyone have a reverse cameras on there T6. I'm wanting some recommendations. Ideally the centre mirror as I don't want to change the factory head unit. I'm happy to have someone come fit it or visit an installer within Yorkshire.

Which headunit do you have? All factory fit ones can accept a camera, just need different interfaces depending on which one it is

Had mine done here (along with the tow bar):

Give Paul a ring

You can fit a genuine camera or a aftermarket like a Pioneer/Kenwood to that headunit

we can supply, drop us a Pm

Is the only option a oem camera? As I’ve seen these are quite expensive.

thanks

Back