Which Reversing Camera?

Hi Andy, I bought the product below from amazon £55. Its a dash cam that sits on top of you rear view mirror and comes with a reverse cam. It records front and rear footage, so useful if you have an accident. Very easy to install, the cable supplied is long to go through the van and out to the rear number plate area. I screwed a hole on the plastic mount for the rear licence plate light, then ran the cable through it - no drilling through the metal work
There are cheaper / more expensive versions, I'm happy with the picture image and find it useful when reversing in car parks etc.

TOGUARD Mirror Dash Cam 1080P Dual Lens 7 Inch IPS Touch Screen, Dash Cam Front and Rear View Waterproof Backup Camera 170°Wide Angle with G-sensor Parking Monitor Motion Detection https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DFYT8VN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0LwgCbACHFS8V

Hi

Has anybody fitted an after market reversing camera to there van
If so which one and was it easy to fit

Cheers
Andy

What headunit do you have?

Picture of it would help if you are not sure

Hi
Will take a picture later

But it’s a startline van so I would presume just the basic unit

Cheers
Andy

Hi
Will take a picture later

But it’s a startline van so I would presume just the basic unit

Cheers
Andy

Even the basic one you can add a camera with a separate module, which we can supply.

what option would you suggest for a highline t6 with barn doors ? I have large screen discovery media unit.

I suggest a Pioneer camera mounted to the right of the lock barrel under the plastic trim, this is as central as possible, and the Pioneer gives a superb wide image, far better than the factory one..

This will work with your headunit

I suggest a Pioneer camera mounted to the right of the lock barrel under the plastic trim, this is as central as possible, and the Pioneer gives a superb wide image, far better than the factory one..

This will work with your headunit
thank you!

Hi, does anybody have any photos of their camera installed? I have a T6 and would rather not but the vehicle to install. Looking for a decent number plate light mounted one. Any pics / specs appreciated

as per your other post - Tailgate or barn doors?

am I right in thinking that I need to tap into pins 6 and 12 of the rear connector block to get the video into the head unit, with 12v from wherever, and something from the reversing circuit to switch it?

and then I need to get it coded, I know.

Got a Discovery media head unit, and a wireless aftermarket camera which fits onto the numberplate light.....

thanks

Yes 6 and 12 are the video input pins for rear camera
The wire to reverse bulb is black/green if you need to tap into it in the rear but generally speaking cameras don’t like being fed by this and often require a ‘clean’ 12v supply through a relay triggered by reverse feed

thanks very much. Do you have link to a suitable latching relay?

and another wiring question - does the T6 have the wiring in the doors to enable puddle lights to be fitted, or do I need to draw it off the courtesy lights myself?

It wouldn’t need a latching relay any automotive 12v relay would do it, the current is negligible

As a rule there is no wiring anywhere in the van that is not used, if it’s not fitted then there will be no cables for it

@Pauly thanks. Assume if I tap into the slider step lights then I'm likely to get a Canbus error if I connect more lights?
So a retrofit of puddle lights is pretty hard to do?

and (hopefully the last for a bit!) electrical question - am fitting cheap front parking sensors - is there a connection on the pdc unit I can tap for appropriate power (e.g. low speed only power, or power for a while after reverse on, or after courtesy lights on? I guess I could use the BCM timed output - where is that best tapped into?

Back