Which Reversing Camera?

we got ours from here > way cheaper than the £600 factory option.

Home page | VAG-TEC E-shop

shipped in from poland, all OEM kit. took a few days to arrive.

we got this one >

Genuine OEM Retrofit Kit - Rear Camera - Twin Barn Doors - T6 Transporter

Genuine Volkswagen OEM Retrofit Kit - Rear View Camera - VW T6 | VAG-TEC E-shop

NEW VW T6 - Rear View Camera KIT - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit -

See behind your car with rear view camera.

A camera at the back of your car shows you what's behind to make reversing safer and easier. Or rear view camera lets you spot any obstacles behind your car - even moving ones - quickly and easily, thanks to the rear view camera.

The camera starts working as soon as you put your car into reverse gear. It shows the area behind your car on your radio or radio navigation system display offering you a clear reversing image with easy-to-follow guidelines. Superimposed graphic lines guide you to the optimal steering lock, guaranteeing fuss-free, smooth parking.

Using the rear view camera means you'll be able to manoeuvre quickly and easily, even into the most difficult parking space. It also alerts you to low-down obstacles which parking sensors cannot always detect. The reversing camera is also a great help when you're hitching up a trailer.

Compatible with Head Unit:

Composition Media
Discover Media
Discover Media Plus

Note:

After installation you need to code the system.
Please contact your local VW dealer or workshop with diagnostic software ( VCDS or ODIS ).

Availability:In stock

Estimated Shipping: 1-2 Days

Weight: 1.5 kg

Installation Time: 3 Hours

Item Condition: New

Fitting Instructions: Available

Required Fitting Expertise: Medium - Some Fitting Skills Required

Warranty Period: 12 months

It come with a new rear plastic cover with the camera already mounted. but we have colour coded plastics, so we plan to fit the camera in our painted part - still yet to do this bit.

The loom come complete, even with the pins ready to be connected to the rear ISO block on the Nav.

Edit -

the cable run was ok doing a bit of fishing here and here.

remove the rear door panel, run cable through existing door loom boot.

fish cable from behind rear light up to upper tailgate hinge cover.

fish cable above roof lining with existing loom all the way to the front.

fish cable across cab roof lining and down A-pillar.

fish cable behind glovebox to rear of nav.

Last edited:

we got this one >

A camera at the back of your car shows you what's behind to make reversing safer and easier. Or rear view camera lets you spot any obstacles behind your car - even moving ones - quickly and easily, thanks to the rear view camera.

The camera starts working as soon as you put your car into reverse gear. It shows the area behind your car on your radio or radio navigation system display offering you a clear reversing image with easy-to-follow guidelines. Superimposed graphic lines guide you to the optimal steering lock, guaranteeing fuss-free, smooth parking.

Using the rear view camera means you'll be able to manoeuvre quickly and easily, even into the most difficult parking space. It also alerts you to low-down obstacles which parking sensors cannot always detect. The reversing camera is also a great help when you're hitching up a trailer.

Composition Media
Discover Media
Discover Media Plus

Note:

Please contact your local VW dealer or workshop with diagnostic software ( VCDS or ODIS ).

It come with a new rear plastic cover with the camera already mounted. but we have colour coded plastics, so we plan to fit the camera in our painted part - still yet to do this bit.

The loom come complete, even with the pins ready to be connected to the rear ISO block on the Nav.

Edit -

Thanks for reply, anywhere I can get one by the weekend as the van is on Monday having the back insulated could do with the wires going behind the carpet ?

Thanks again the media station in my van hasn’t got navigation, will it work, not sure it’s discover media if it’s not got nav? Could I put a non genuine camera on it? How would I find out if my head unit will support the image

looks like you have :

02 Composition Media DAB+ radio system

3.jpg

and the one i linked in at the top looks like its compatible

Composition Media
Discover Media
Discover Media Plus

edit:

no i dont believe you can add a third party camera without some major tweekage, the it seems to be a standard CVBS signal to the headunit and a trigger from the rear reversing light. so never say never.

we got this one >

Composition Media
Discover Media
Discover Media Plus

Note:

Edit -

Be a little cautious of this company Vagtec. I used to deal with them years ago under a different name. They are crooks and will never resolve any of your problems. Also not sure where they source there stuff from. His name is Tom.WARNING

Be a little cautious of this company Vagtec. I used to deal with them years ago under a different name. They are crooks and will never resolve any of your problems. Also not sure where they source there stuff from. His name is Tom.WARNING
I would echo this, have had dealings with them and they are awful, they will lie to you and pretend to be in the UK etc etc, they are not, all they want is your money and they will not help if theres any issues

The top one where you ordered your stuff from, Tom the t**t

The top one where you ordered your stuff from, Tom the t**t

LOL, right ok. ill bear that in mind in the future.

No problem with our order or delivery..........but i haven't 100% installed it yet so still untested.

I’m sure they have many satisfied customers it’s just the ones where things don’t go right or there’s an issue, they will lie and cheat and offer no help/support etc and wash their hands with you as they already have your money

Hi,
I just bought a T6 with camping conversion - that I thought included reversing sensors. Sadly not, so now I am thinking of adding a reversing camera - any recommendations - or things to avoid.

Also while I could probably do it - i would prefer to have it installed by someone who knows what they are doing ?
Thanks

Hi

Has anybody fitted an after market reversing camera to there van
If so which one and was it easy to fit

Cheers
Andy

Back