Reverse Camera Drive Deactivation

Martin Stockwell

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Retro fit reverse camera is all good using oem parts. no problem there, but I'm trying to identify the vcds area to code the camera to stay active when you gauge Drive after reversing.
It currently goes back into park assist sensor screen rather just stay with the camera engaged.

TIA

Im sure it's a setting that can be modified via vcds, I have seen other vag vehicles reverse camera stay on until you hit that 10kmh speed setting then both the sensors and the camera go back to what you where listening too....

Reactions: mmi
I'd like to know if I can do this with my Halo 9 and UART interface. It's annoying it turns off immediately when I take it out of reverse.

Interesting. I have a Kenwood reverse camera displayed via the Discover Media head unit. VCDS coded as per normal and it stays on for a good few seconds after coming out of reverse. Engaging 1st and driving away doesn't seem to affect the timing although I've yet to establish whether the cut off point is determined by forward speed or simply time.
2016 Euro 5 Highline.

Interesting. I have a Kenwood reverse camera displayed via the Discover Media head unit. VCDS coded as per normal and it stays on for a good few seconds after coming out of reverse. Engaging 1st and driving away doesn't seem to affect the timing although I've yet to establish whether the cut off point is determined by forward speed or simply time.
2016 Euro 5 Highline.

Mmm, yes that is interesting as yours would be installed as a low camera, as its not CAN based, just power and Video I assume?

I'm starting to wonder if it's a setting in the engineer menu on the head unit

Back