Startline fog-light retrofit

Actually it was £9 the instructions included wasn't the best but I followed the videos online from the big vw part companies and it worked exactly the same. Surely there all made in the same place?
Screenshot below.
Do a search on the forum for auto headlight switch, it's been covered a few times with a lot of the guys going for the cheap switches and working the same.

Screenshot_20201017-235118_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, iv read the great posts about fitting and coding etc. Couple things I’m not sure about that someone may be able to help with, iv contacted a knowledgable member on hear and currently waiting reply bug thought I’d pop a post up.
I’m wanting to fit these to my startline t6,
1) can I buy the kit with parking sensors even if I don’t have them (add later) and still work without being connected to pdc.

2) is the wiring there to connect to BCM for cornering.

3) will they fit a sportline bumper add on.

Iv asked seller Also but thought someone may have purchased and fitted.

View attachment 144880

B13F8660-A986-4849-A51F-9638AB4AD97A.png

The kit with parking sensors will just have holes cut in the grille at the appropriate place, you won’t actually get the sensors or PDC module.

The kit doesn‘t read like it connects to the BCM, rather an aftermarket module. You won’t get cornering fogs like an OEM install

A sportline bumper just fits over the top of your existing bumper with cut outs for the fog lights so shouldn’t affect this kit.

The kit with parking sensors will just have holes cut in the grille at the appropriate place, you won’t actually get the sensors or PDC module.

The kit doesn‘t read like it connects to the BCM, rather an aftermarket module. You won’t get cornering fogs like an OEM install

A sportline bumper just fits over the top of your existing bumper with cut outs for the fog lights so shouldn’t affect this kit.
Thankyou kindly for your reply, really wanted cornering but guess I may have to just settle for fogs. lol.

There are full wiring diagrams in the download section which will tell you where you need to connect to on the BCM, or you could go OEM retrofit kit like this

Yes think that is best option for me, states easy installation.. my kind install lol. Thanks mate appreciate that, save few more pennies and get that kit I think.

I've got cornering and IMO it's a gimmick, it adds nothing.
Yes I totally get that but if I was going to the trouble of fitting fogs and if it’s not so much work or cost to add cornering as a factory upgrade, I love a upgrade…

I got the Vanstyle foglight kit. I wouldn't have been prepared to pay twice as much for the cornering gimmick....

I got the Vanstyle foglight kit. I wouldn't have been prepared to pay twice as much for the cornering gimmick....
Yes it’s a lot of £ just for a gimmick, from reading the posts on forum pauly is the man about cornering, I may be wrong but think he had the wiring kit for said job, iv sent pm so hopefully know some more in the near future.
Any other factory upgrade/retrofit im all ears, budget only enabled me a startline model (got what could at the time) so basic…

Your not paying for cornering you are looking at a genuine kit vs aftermarket foglight kit
Wiring for cornering is cheap, if you are price conscious then buy the aftermarket kit and replace the cabling with a genuine retrofit wiring kit like this and you have the best of both worlds

Colour coded front bumpers will lift your van !!
MfSw ? @Dav-Tec is your man....
Yes front bumper colour coded with sportline and splitter, recently had mfsw fitted with cruise on wheel, genuine t6 wheel, my phone & mfd isn’t working correctly, was told either need upgrade to high line clocks or my audio is the canbus is the issue, alpine halo9, but that’s a whole new post lol.

Your not paying for cornering you are looking at a genuine kit vs aftermarket foglight kit
Wiring for cornering is cheap, if you are price conscious then buy the aftermarket kit and replace the cabling with a genuine retrofit wiring kit like this and you have the best of both worlds

Awesome, thankyou, that’s exactly what I was hoping you would say.. haha, yes think best both worlds is good for me.. thanks again I really appreciate your help. Sorry to name drop you lol.

Holly s**t like a genie haha, this place is amazing…. Haha sorry, was advised you may be able to help me kind sir….
Sorry just had to read from the top.

The MFD is it the clocks that's rev counter and Speedo with digital fuel gauge in the middle or the ones that have temp and fuel gauges inside the revs and Speedo?

Headunit not working have you got the correct wiring loom for the unit. Does volume etc work?

Sorry just had to read from the top.

The MFD is it the clocks that's rev counter and Speedo with digital fuel gauge in the middle or the ones that have temp and fuel gauges inside the revs and Speedo?

Headunit not working have you got the correct wiring loom for the unit. Does volume etc work?
I had a auto electrician come fit the halo9, I bought the t6 wiring kit and he fitted it, he did have a lot of head scratching and I didn’t have mfsw at the time, I’m not sure it’s wired up as meant to be, radio and dab signal rubbish since fitting, iv added pic of clocks and mfsw that’s fitted.

All controls work on left mfsw control,

Right controls

Talk button = mutes radio,

Left right silver part (think it’s scroll) goes through mpg/miles left etc,

Left/right on bottom of right switch pack scans radio station.

Phone button can only answer and hang up when incoming, can’t call out, no scroll through phone book.

32391EA8-D5D0-4E5E-9547-BAF18E6A6D80.png

9B1DCA6A-A9E1-4C60-A9BB-4E8462437085.jpeg

Back