Startline fog-light retrofit

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
Erm....... how would one go about fitting fog lights to a Startline front bumper.........?

Mine also has parking sensors in it, if that makes a difference. Oh, and if anyone has a recommendation for some not too pricy ones let me know! Thank you!

Do you have the part numbers of the start line bumper trims with the park sensors?
I am waiting to get my 69 plate DSG and bought a front and rear PDC set, with fog trims as I also want to retrofit the fog lights, only problem is I think the supplier has sent the trims for a smooth caravelle type bumper as the upper trim has slots for a thin trim strip.

F03CCA42-096A-4B80-84C1-3051F92634DA.jpeg

29E10F3D-0290-4D75-8F56-4E006D883184.jpeg

706A97D0-3832-4B6A-A204-68C0A6A2E19B.jpeg

Startline bumpers dont have panels there are one piece plastic
You would need to swap out the bumper and upper grille if you wanted to install foglight/PDC panels

Thanks for the swift response, I’ve just checked with TPS and the trim part numbers I have are for the bumper fitted to the van according to the VIN, so it must have a different bumper fitted. Don’t know yet as still waiting for it to be registered and converted. Will let you know when it arrives how I get on.
Also planning to retrofit MFSW with paddles and cruise. Hope they fitted a highline ESP control unit to allow ACC being a DSG but will see.

I am also looking to do same here in NZ om my T6 but with out the rego number they cant tell me what part i need !!! the suggestion was to go and see if i could find a van with fogs in it and get the rego....
i bought some fog lamps of Ali express for about 30quid delivered - have yet to see them though.
My bumper has just inserts so i can pop those out and fit the insert that will take the lamps BUT i need a part number of the inserts. the part number above seems to be the solid insert and not the fog light insert.

The lower bumper trims for fogs are the same for startline or painted type bumper. The upper mouldings on the painted bumper are removable, the startline bumper upper trim is moulded into the bumper and is not removable. So if you have a startline like me, there are two versions of lower trim with fog apatures, which are with or without parking sensors.
I am retrofitting front and rear PDC so my bumper trims are:
7E0 807 489 G 9B9 left
7E0 807 490 G 9B9 right.

If you DON'T need the parking sensors, just the fogs you need:
7E0 807 489 D 9B9 left
7E0 807 490 D 9B9 right.

That looks good, cheers.
where did you ret the front parking sensors? are you just hooking them into the VW radio screen ?

I bought a front and rear PDC kit which comes with a genuine ecu all the wiring and bumper fixings which all the sensors plug into.
You would need to change your PDC ecu if you only have rear parking sensors as it won’t support the front to save cost.
The ecu is then connected the the infotainment system to display the park display.

OK so i have my front fog lights from Ali X, i just need to get the bumper insert/trim to to fit them in. but looking at my bumper and the appature where they will go it looks a bit small for the lights? will they be fine or are there diff bumpers and some just wont take the lights?
i assume they would be same you just swop out the trim piece to hold fogs.

Fog light.jpg
20200411_090343.jpg
20200411_090353.jpg

The bottom trim needs to be replaced with a new part for vans with fog lights, the trim I have is for with PDC but you need the one with fog lights and without PDC looking at your bumper.
You will need to remove the bumper to remove the trim and fit the new lights. Look further up the thread to see the lower trims required.

9664B488-3380-4DF4-B081-D329F55F3FC2.jpeg

C3734157-AD54-452C-A9F5-CA32FF7A6355.png

Last edited:
Hi guys, good thread learnt a lot whilst reading your comments...
One question, if i'm adding fog lights onto my startline t6 (currently no standard flog lights), when i buy the auto light switch do i need to buy the bigger connector even if my current connector is the small type??

You buy the switch with your size connector but with the fog light position, I bought mine from VeeDub it had the small connector

The Vee Dub one has the sensor built into to switch and has the small connector if specified, they do big connector too.
Gives you leave/come home function too, the duration can be set.
@Scott6 your link says £19?

The prices must of changed, I paid around £8 I thought it was worth a punt at that price. It has the coming home features also. Adjusted by turning the dial from left to right x amount of times. The sensor like mentioned is fitted on a cable.
There are lots of similar auto headlight switches on Amazon and eBay.

Back