Retrofit T6 Caravelle Interior In T5 Kombi Help !

Kaveman100

I’ve purchased a t6 caravelle highline interior, to fit in a t5 kombi,. I understand that the a pillars and tailgate won’t fit.

I started with the headliners, then working my way from front to back with trim, I’m at a loss with the c pillars and what these are fitted to. There are no pre drilled fitting holes. Making it slightly more complicated I’ve not had the rear quarter panels glazed yet so it all seems little tight.

One other aspect on the rear lower trims, the drivers side wheel arch has 2 holes for the clips to fasten to. The passenger side doesn’t have these 2 holes, what’s the best way round this to fasten the trim.
Any guidance would really help. Thanks

The Caravelle is a different body shell to the kombi so there are some minor differences to overcome. As you say the C has no fixing point for the trim cover, you will need to drill this yourself to allow for the fixing plug and clip required to hold it in place. This is a bit of guess work to get the hole in the correct place.

The clips on the wheel arch are not he main fixings for the rear quarter panels, they are held in with all the clips on the back which go into the body panels .

Bit hard for me to explain...

I have some photos, i will take a look and see what i have that could help you .

The Caravelle is a different body shell to the kombi so there are some minor differences to overcome. As you say the C has no fixing point for the trim cover, you will need to drill this yourself to allow for the fixing plug and clip required to hold it in place. This is a bit of guess work to get the hole in the correct place.

The clips on the wheel arch are not he main fixings for the rear quarter panels, they are held in with all the clips on the back which go into the body panels .

Bit hard for me to explain...

I have some photos, i will take a look and see what i have that could help you .

Great, thanks this is all real useful to know, I couldn’t find anything on the fastenings for the c pillar.

c-pillar.png c-pillar.png
NO. 60 and 61 are the fittings i used to fix it in place , but as i say you will have to drill the hole in the correct place first

Great thank you, I should be able to do that.
Also on the back of the trim on the left side there are some catches (pic below) what do these clip fasten to ? Thanks

1BA75F4E-F9FE-4029-B5DD-99C3C956E532.jpeg

Not sure TBH, i think they fastened around the factory windows some how . I never used them , the pillar held in place ok without them.

I am pretty sure its 62 you need for the shown but you will also need 63 and 65 for the other side of the pillar cover. no 62 slide onto the metal around the window and then the pillar cover pushes into the clip.
look on the left
20191101_133056_resized.jpg

sorry for the off topic question, does anybody have a picture of the side middle panel without a door (with a 1 door van) behind the panel? Thinking of cutting into mine but want to make sure I actually got space to do something there....

Back