Reversing camera retrofit (OEM)

Not sure that would be possible as both inputs (PDC & video) are driven from the same control unit inside the dash so they both activate and deactivate together, i havent seen any configuration options in VCDS that would hint towards anything like that its purely on/off settings no timings or anything
It may be possible to disable the PDC system so you just had the camera view but it would be permanently off, you may also be able to fit a switch to interupt the sensors so they dont display but every switch activation would log an error in the vehicle as it would see it as a fault ie PDC system open circuit

I think we have our wires crossed, mine goes full screen but the PDC display covers the edge of screen, i am talking about removing that PDC overlay
Is that what you meant @Petehelmet ?

Not sure if this link will work but they make it look easy. I like the way they get from the rear to the front door .

Reactions: Kev
I think we have our wires crossed, mine goes full screen but the PDC display covers the edge of screen, i am talking about removing that PDC overlay
Is that what you meant @Petehelmet ?
Yeah that's exactly what I'm taking about, the PDC overlay covers a third of the screen

The kit will fit any tailgate model vehicle with composition media or discover media headunit

Thanks @Pauly. I'll try my dealer again to see if I can identify the correct camera part - I think he was looking on the accessories list. It will be easier for me to go and look at the parts screen rather than over the phone!

image.png
Found this the other day does it look like the correct part. I get the vat back so look like a good price.

Definitely what's behind me ;) And I want to see I'm ordering the correct part from my dealer as it was all a bit vague on the phone! Thanks for the link @Keeff - I'll give them a call in the morning (can't see if it's in stock or not on their site).

Got it from carsystems.pl in the end - delivered in a few days, no problem.

Lots of trim removal and wire fishing to get from front to back! But had the front trim off for a power folding mirror retrofit so not so bad.
Cutting a hole in the tailgate is not so bad after the first cut....

Now I can see behind when I reverse out my driveway at the back :)

Camera.jpg

And you can see why I'm adding power fold mirrors ;)

Got it from carsystems.pl in the end - delivered in a few days, no problem.

Lots of trim removal and wire fishing to get from front to back! But had the front trim off for a power folding mirror retrofit so not so bad.
Cutting a hole in the tailgate is not so bad after the first cut....

Now I can see behind when I reverse out my driveway at the back :)

View attachment 2727

And you can see why I'm adding power fold mirrors ;)

How much and where to get the power folding mirrors retro fitted?

Did the guide lines come up on their own or did you have to get them turned on.
They have to be coded. Quick job with the kit. Ideally you have a friendly local with VCDS who would do the job for beer tokens :) Otherwise it's finding a dealer or independent who wont charge the earth....

Back