Power Latching retrofit

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
I've been playing with my mates Kombi today, which has power latching on both sliders and tailgate. I regret not ordering this option, which leads me to the question- is retro fitting of it feasible, even just the tailgate ?
In an ideal world, buying a replacement latch and plugging it in to the existing loom, would be great, but that seems unlikely, as i think a control module is involved.
Any answers would be welcome. Ta

I too would be interested in this as it can be dificult to close when carrying 4 bags of shopping and a child....

Anythings possible for a price, i suppose it will depend on if the mechanism requires any bodywork changes to know if it will be expensive or really expensive
Can anyone that has it send me their reg and i will have a look at some etka diagrams as see whats involved, i would guess the side doors will be more difficult than tailgate but its worth having a look
If its possible to do side door and the price isnt ridiculous i will have a go doing it on mine when the weather improves a bit as family struggle with it a bit

Anythings possible for a price, i suppose it will depend on if the mechanism requires any bodywork changes to know if it will be expensive or really expensive
Can anyone that has it send me their reg and i will have a look at some etka diagrams as see whats involved, i would guess the side doors will be more difficult than tailgate but its worth having a look
If its possible to do side door and the price isnt ridiculous i will have a go doing it on mine when the weather improves a bit as family struggle with it a bit
Hi Paul mine has got rear hatch power latching would be interested in side door

hazzydayz.com do power closing side doors. They also do a LED headlight conversion which I am interested in.

Looked into retro fit on side slider today, the good news is the parts list doesnt look huge
I compared most of the door/seal/mechanism etc etc part numbers between my van and @mhill van and they are mostly the same, the only parts i can identify that is definately required is the actual lock motor and the control unit to control it
The price for these two and some plugs/connectors/wiring is coming out around £400 so not crazy price, need to look into the wiring a bit more to make sure on cabling & connections before i think about ordering stuff, i reckon this could be a job for the summer months when theres a few more hours of sunlight and warmth

Will look into the tailgate version another day and see how the price comes out on those but given this info does this interest anyone ??
Dont want to spend hours looking into something if not !

I would like power latching on my tailgate @Pauly if it's doable, as i did mean to spec it on my build but for some reason i missed it off :confused:

Worth having IMO although my sliding door power latch hasn't worked a few times. Of course it worked fine when the dealer investigated it...

Worth having IMO although my sliding door power latch hasn't worked a few times. Of course it worked fine when the dealer investigated it...

Every time it doesn't lock it's logged in the body ecm.

My side doors already have it. But interested for the tailgate.

Just been looking at tailgate wiring and it looks achievable, need to get some prices on parts, tomorrow hopefully but will then need a guinea pig to try it out

Deffo interested in side latch. Kids struggle with side door. I find open my door makes it easier for them. Less air pressure in van I suppose. Same with tailgate.

Made some progress with this now, tailgate is looking the simpler of the two as all wiring changes seem to be contained to rear of vehicle so i have ordered the bits to do mine today
Will update when the parts arrive and see how the fitting goes, parts price is circa £240 + vat for what i have ordered so far and hoping nothing else is required

Back