Cruise Control Retrofit Euro5

Pauly, so just to understand it correctly. On a EURO5 I need the stalk and I can also have it on the steering wheel.
On a EURO 6 I can have it only on the steering wheel?
Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the Euro 5 but I believe the norm on a Euro 6, is that the cruise switches are on the MFSW if indeed a MFSW is fitted. Otherwise it's on the stalk.

I had my Euro 6 retrofitted with cruise on the stalk. Previous 3 VAG cars had it in this location so was so used to it being on the end of my finger tips. The stalk switches are very tactile in shape so it's easy to navigate them, with touch alone. Always seemed to be looking down at the steering wheel buttons, where cruise was located on my Qashqai.

Just personal preference and what your used to I suppose.

Reactions: mmi
Not sure about the Euro 5 but I believe the norm on a Euro 6, is that the cruise switches are on the MFSW if indeed a MFSW is fitted. Otherwise it's on the stalk.

I had my Euro 6 retrofitted with cruise on the stalk. Previous 3 VAG cars had it in this location so was so used to it being on the end of my finger tips. The stalk switches are very tactile in shape so it's easy to navigate them, with touch alone. Always seemed to be looking down at the steering wheel buttons, where cruise was located on my Qashqai.

Just personal preference and what your used to I suppose.

Thanks mate! Well I got an excellent deal on a leather brand new MFSW. So will buy it and then try to get the Cruise Control to work. And if not I will buy the stalk also.
Pauly said I need it anyway, but maybe their is a way around it hmm will see. I need to upgrade my BCM anyway so maybe I can upgrade it to a EURO6 model and then I would maybe be able to get it to work on the MFSW only :). No idea.
Maybe Pauly knows :) will wait for a reply. Thanks again!

AFAIK no one has retrofitted cruise on the wheel buttons I believe it has to be done on the stalk
Why do you want to change your BCM ?
T5s used to come with different BCM depending on I stalled equipment (ranging from 086-090) but every (UK based) T6 I have seen/worked on has the 090 top spec BCM fitted so theoretically any T6 will accept any upgrades and not need BCM upgrading ?

Thanks for that Pauly!
However, mine is a EU5 German model. Panel van.
So slight chance of downgraded BCM.
Will see once I check, currently offshore.
Already found the stalks for around 60 pounds so not a big deal.
Thanks again!
Btw ;) Pauly do you do facetime support haha?
Have a nice day!

Hi.
I am retrofitting oem cruise control to my EU5 and the instructions (vw teesside) say to splice the black wire(which is already spliced to the black/blue from the stalk) into the 40a fuse at the bcm.
Before I do this I want to see if there is a more oem way to install it.
I've checked the basic and convenience wiring diagrams but wasn't able to find the ccs wiring info.
Does anyone have this wiring diagram?
Has anyone spliced into the 40a fuse wiring?

IMG_20210322_112806.jpg

IMG_20210322_092638.jpg

Perhaps here
Depending on which engine CAAC or CFCA, either No. 6/10 or No. 7/9.
Thanks.
Engine is CAAC.
t41/28 in my cruise control loom is black/blue which is the same as t5.1 wiring diagram and connects to sc9.
In the t6 wiring diagram t41/28 is black/grey and connects to SC37.
Both are 5a fuses to switched live so I will try to wire into SC37 in the fuse box.

The BCM on the T6 is a bit of a fiddle to get to.. Understatement of the month!
Need some help here, would be very grateful for advice.
Fitting CC to T6 Euro5 via stalk. Fitted wire to PIN 1 in Black T10 connector in engine bay. Also fitted all wiring and new steering column switches.

Currently fitting to BCM.
My aftermarket loom is all white wires, numbered. I have fitted wires numbered 46 & 47 to BCM connector B.
I'm left with wires numbered 44 (plug B) and 45 (plug B) and a wire with a stripped end labelled 44 (plug A).

Need some confirmation exactly what to do with these wires please.
The BCM on the T6 is a bit of a fiddle to get to.. Understatement of the month!

Hello !
I need some help. I want to add cruise control on stalk on my 2016 VW T6 euro 5 (origin : Poland, it's LHD).
I've checked my BCM, it's 090 so it's ok i've seen here : Cruise Control Retrofitting (6R) - Ross-Tech Wiki
I've a multifonction steering wheel here is a picture :

And my stalk :

And I don't have rear wipers but I don't see the option for that in the next link :

I've founded here a kit Tempomat GRA Nachrüstsatz für VW T6 7E ab BJ. 2015
Anyone already buy it there ? There is all the instructions for EURO 5 VW T6 ?

So I understand I have to choose Without MFA because i've already the TRIP button on my dashboard ? What is the retrofit option, I don't understand ?
For the MFL option, I have to choose with since I have a multifonction steering wheel ? What's the difference if I choose Yes or No ? And what is the cable LIN option for ?

I've also find the cuise control kit here : Genuine VW Transporter T5.2 T6 Cruise Control Kit - No Rear Wiper / Without TRIP | eBay (without Trip and withou rear wiper)

For the VAGCOM I ask the ebay seller he told me this will do the job : Upgrade HEX V2 21.3

Thank you !

Last edited:
Looking for some help with wiring CC on T6 Euro 5 via stalk.
Got a Kufatec wiring loom and steering column switches (bought separately).
The wiring loom is made of white wires, labelled with numbers etc.
Completed all wiring to switches and ECU.
At BCM, have attached wires 46 & 47 to correct slots. I'm left with 44 & 45 wires, but there are black and blue/white wires already in these slots???
Also got wire labelled 44 plug A, that has no connector, just bare wire end.
Should I remove existing wires in slots 44 & 45 of plug B, and replace with new loom wires? And find power via Fuse for wire labelled 44 plug A?

At BCM, have attached wires 46 & 47 to correct slots. I'm left with 44 & 45 wires, but there are black and blue/white wires already in these slots???
Also got wire labelled 44 plug A, that has no connector, just bare wire end.
Should I remove existing wires in slots 44 & 45 of plug B, and replace with new loom wires? And find power via Fuse for wire labelled 44 plug A?
Hmmm... cruise stalk indeed connects into BCM B-connector (white) pins 44-47.
However,
BCM A-connector (black) pin 44 has black wire - 12 V from fuse SC32.​
BCM A -connector (black) pin 45 has grey/blue wire - connects to light switch​
Any chance you are at wrong connector???

However,
You are spot on. I finally got Kufatec instructions emailed to me from eBay seller. I quickly realised I'd got BCM connectors mixed up. I'm just finishing soldering last wire to ECU, then just got to put it all back and test drive.
VCDS shows all switches are working as they should.

Thanks for the reply!

However,
Hey, thanks again! Much appreciated.

All back together and Cruise Control working fine.

Hello,

I contacted kufatec to buy a cruise control kit to my 2016 VW T6 (Euro 5, without rear wipers, BCM ***-937-090-***) since many people here buy it there.

He told me it's not possible to fit the cruise control via stalk because I have a Multifunction steering wheel (here is a picture), is it true ?
And that I must buy this version for Multifunction steering wheel at 450€ !!?

Anyone here managed to add cuise control on stalk on a T6 euro 5 with Multifunction steering wheel ?

I think it is possible since somes sellers like the one I was talking yesterday here : Tempomat GRA Nachrüstsatz für VW T6 7E ab BJ. 2015 have the option "Multifunction steering wheel / with OR without" and the final price is 159€ (I think I don't need the MFA option on this link that add the trip button if I understand weel, on the right stalk, since I already have on my steering wheel this button).

Thank you !

Last edited:
Have you checked if this thread has any relevant information - although being a different retrofit.
it's not possible to fit the cruise control via stalk because I have a Multifunction steering wheel
The T6 BCM coding suggests there are separate/independent codings for
(1) MFSW installed​
(2) CCS installed either on MFSW or on stalk​
Thus chances are it will work...

VCDS could probably help to verify without actually installing the stalk - something along these lines:
  • Code CCS as installed,
  • Plug a wire into BCM T73b/46 (CCS RESume signal)
  • Verify by VCDS that RESume is seen as active when +12V is applied to the T73b/46 - thus stalk Cruise is "working"

For the VAGCOM I ask the ebay seller he told me this will do the job : Upgrade HEX V2 21.3
It's a clone... some of those have been somewhat challenging, e.g. something like this

Back