[Resolved] Sliding door rear catch issue

I have an issue with the door catch at the rear of my sliding door. I have taken it out and freed it and greased it in the past which worked but it is sticking again. This fault stops the door locking so I want to replace it. Does anyone have a part number?
Van is a 2017 T6 204 Kombi

send me your vin and a better description or photo of the part you are talking about and i will get the part number for you, if your lucky i may even have one ?

send me your vin and a better description or photo of the part you are talking about and i will get the part number for you, if your lucky i may even have one ?
I think I have found it. The part number is 7E0843603D
Should be the rear door catch on the left side (passenger side) on a 2017 T6 t32 Kombi.
If you are able to check on a diagram I would really appreciate it

If it is an electrical sliding door, and fails to completely shut. There is a safety device that reacts to small peoples fingers from being crushed. Check all around the rubbers and seating etc. Failing that, maybe a break in the wiring, will also stop the door shutting. The wires are at the top of the door, retrace back in the loom that runs under the roof. Hope that is of some use

So a bit of an update and maybe some info to help people.

The reason the door wasn't closing (non electric) was the rear door catch mechanism was corroded and not engaging.

1000010157.png
I found the part number 7E0843603D. The D stands for it having a micro switch.
1000010160.png

Looked everywhere online and had new prices over £130

So a bit of eBay later I found the same part number but off a VW Caddy 1.6 2010-2015 for £20. Bought it and gave it a go.

Fits perfect and problem solved.

So a bit of an update and maybe some info to help people.

The reason the door wasn't closing (non electric) was the rear door catch mechanism was corroded and not engaging.

View attachment 186190
I found the part number 7E0843603D. The D stands for it having a micro switch.
View attachment 186191

Looked everywhere online and had new prices over £130

So a bit of eBay later I found the same part number but off a VW Caddy 1.6 2010-2015 for £20. Bought it and gave it a go.

Fits perfect and problem solved.
Hi. Was it an easy fit? Is there a wire connection for the micro switch? Do you know if this is for the open door display? Cheers

It was easy to do. There is an electrical connection which I think maybe does the door open indicator tho I'm not on this. It's two spline bolts, an electrical connection and a cable

Back