[Resolved] Sliding door lock issues.....

BigDean

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am having a nightmare today with the sliding door on my T6.1. Please forgive me as I am a knob when it comes to mechanics.

It was fitted with a Loc8 table, but do not think that has caused the problem, but you never know.

So, as far as I remember, the sliding door opened from the inside (and outside) with no problems after our conversion. But maybe not....

Then we noticed that trying to open it from the inside stopped working.

Today, I removed the Loc8 table to take a look. I thought I was doing well getting the table off without any blood dripping from my hands.....

The internal opening black plastic handle is rotating part (on the rear) of the black plastic mechanism screwed in the door. So one presumes the connection from the handle to that bit is okay. What I thought was a bit weird is that the external handle doesn't not move this, but still opens the door! Just for clarity, the central locking all works fine from the key fob.

Whilst I was prodding and poking all sorts of bits, I have managed to "lock" the mechanism on the right side of the door on the side, so it now will not shut! I have tried to unlock and lock with the key, but the bit of metal isn't moving, so when trying to close the door, it just bounces off the metal bar that is fixed to the bodywork. Currently secured the door shut with a cat5 cable around the external handle and the passenger door handle in case of rain!

I really hope this makes sense.....

So friends, I have 2 problems. Urgent one is how do I "unlock" the door so it will shut and I get back to where I was at 8am this morning.

Then secondly, any clues on what I should be looking for to see why internal handle isn't opening the door?

Thanks
BigDean.

Been and done!

Now, the lock issue was a pain. Because the pins on the left side were not engaging, the central locking would not open/close. He managed to get his hand in and reset.

The not being able to open from the inside was...... The child lock button on the drivers door. Doh.

@Loz ;)

5* service from VW.

Back