replacing 340mm brake discs and pads

Just remember rear caliper will need winding in, not pushing. Easy enough to do.

Twice my T6 has just had its first MOT and the rear pads were advised at 25k

Odd to say the least as the fronts are still original

Ok. Thanks all. A video says a 7mm allen key. No problem if 7 or 9mm.
I will get the local car parts shop to order the pads and replace them when I've run out of other DIY tasks on son's car, house, garden...etc..
Must see what is involved in VIP membership......
Thanks again, all.

Use an 8mm wrapped in tin foil. A trick I learnt with Lambretta gear nipples at 3.5mm, I used a 3mm and tin foil. Coz those 3.5mm were possessed as if you were gollum.

I replaced all my pads and discs a month ago. Its an easy job and thats from someone who hasn't done any work on any vehicles for 20 years. I did have to buy a long breaker bar to shift the 21mm bolts that hold the carrage on though and I bought a rewind tool which was cheap enough.

Full workshop manuals here Volkswagen Transporter/EuroVan Service and Repair Manuals available to read or download FOC.

I don't believe in pressing that middle pedal unless absolutely necessary so as I like to part with my camper at about 50,000miles I have not had to change pads for years. Pressing the middle pedal means wasting the fuel that you put in by pressing the right pedal and I don't do waste!

Full workshop manuals here Volkswagen Transporter/EuroVan Service and Repair Manuals available to read or download FOC.

I don't believe in pressing that middle pedal unless absolutely necessary so as I like to part with my camper at about 50,000miles I have not had to change pads for years. Pressing the middle pedal means wasting the fuel that you put in by pressing the right pedal and I don't do waste!
When I'm a passenger in other people's cars I notice that those that don't look further up the road, think, anticipate and plan ahead are the ones that brake later and harder.

When I'm a passenger in other people's cars I notice that those that don't look further up the road, think, anticipate and plan ahead are the ones that brake later and harder.
Vision up!

When you drive a car like the one in my avatar thinking ahead is the only option.

With cable brakes you need time for the telegram to arrive at the drums before there is any evidence of them working! Not to mention the vagaries of a non-synchromesh gearbox. The only plus point is that with only 25bhp you are never going very fast.

When you ride a bike for over 30yrs you learn to anticipate everything in advance. But yes, it amazes me when you approach a roundabout that youve been able to see is clear from a fair distance back, that the wally in the Micra not only slows to a stop. But physically looks, pauses, looks again. Lets handbrake off and the moves off at their 28mpeffinhour...

Need replacement discs and pads myself fairly quickly, 2015 T5 T30 103 Highline

Been trying to read up on ways of reducing the dreaded 'brake dust' but just as confused as ever as so many choices of pads.

Also would like to have coated discs (preferably black) as also hate the amount of rust around the hub almost gluing it to the inside of the wheels.

Happy to go with Autodoc and wait for a week for delivery if there a significant saving. or am I better going for EBC (perhaps with yellow stuff pads) if so will either company be able to quote me the correct parts from the reg No or VIN also?

All help that can be provided much appreciated.

hi mate try customvanz they have big brake discs pads+ calipers £400 collected in chippeenam 01249 460081

Hi, on the autodoc website when I put my registration in it selects “This product fits your VW Transporter T5 Van (7HA, 7HH, 7EA, 7EH) 2.0 TDI”

my van is a 2016 T6 140BHP BMT. Should I override that and change to T6 or will this be the correct rear discs? When I override it says “This product fits your VW Transporter T6 Van (SGA, SGH) 2.0 TDI”

very confused right now

Rear discs are the same on all models.

Be very careful for the front and read the parts description to get the size of the discs and pads

Back