replacing 340mm brake discs and pads

Its best to use the PR code to select the correct discs and pads. The larger discs are PR-2E4. If you are going for Brembo, use the Brembo online database to get the brembo part number and then search your parts site for that.

this is the page for mine Pads and Discs for VW TRANSPORTER VI Van (SGA, SGH, SHA, SHH) 2.0 TDI 4motion
Ahh, I went ahead and ordered last night without doing that check. I’ll try and check today as can still be cancelled. I’m not sure what my PR code is though??

I ordered this - (rear only)

Product name Price per unitQuantityTotal price in
Brake Disc
Article №: : 09.9582.11
£37.25​
2​
£74.50​
Brake Pad Set, disc brake
Article №: : P 85 083

Just checked Brembo site using my van details and part numbers are as per my order so that’s a relief. (Still not sure on what a PR code is?)

Just checked Brembo site using my van details and part numbers are as per my order so that’s a relief. (Still not sure on what a PR code is?)
That's good then.
When a van is built it is made up of options, these options have pr-codes associated with them, you will see them against parts listed on the supplier's pages.
The larger brakes and part of the 17" chassis option and are listed on the build sheet (under the steering wheel) or available on the build sheet (as @Pauly for yours)

As you can see on my build sheet;
1621675651478.png

and this corresponds with;
1621675746175.png

Reactions: mmi
Thanks @Loz very helpful, I’ll ask Pauly nicely if he can access my build sheet as I bought the van second hand

I’m not sure what my PR code is though??

There is no PR code for the rear brakes. They're all the same on the T6 so you're good to go.:thumbsup:
If you want front brakes then you could check the existing disk size and use that information instead.

There is no PR code for the rear brakes. They're all the same on the T6 so you're good to go.:thumbsup:
If you want front brakes then you could check the existing disk size and use that information instead.
Thanks! I’ll fit the rears when they arrive then make sure I’ve got the correct parts identified before ordering the fronts. Current ones are all rusty and crap looking after the camper not getting much use during lockdown.

Going to do an oil change too even though it’s only done 2500 miles on current oil. Peace of mind more than anything else

Going to do an oil change too even though it’s only done 2500 miles on current oil. Peace of mind more than anything else
I did mine a couple of weeks back even though the dealer said it was done before they handed it over less than 2K ago. It's so easy and you know proper oil is going in so yeah, total peace of mind.

Double check your pads when they arrive, I returned a brembo factory sealed box of pads as the contents was wrong.. should have been the large pads but it was pads for something totally different. Parts supplier said its not the first time

As an amateur would replacing the front brake pads and discs on my T32 be something I could do?
I hope so cos I’m also an amateur and going for it :) (mine is a T30 mind you, not sure if T32 is harder)

I’ve changed discs and pads on various cars over the years by winging it with a bit of Googling so hoping the T6 won’t throw anything up too hard

I am on autodoc looking for new pads and discs for the van - is there any makes to avoid? What are the OEM ones that they use?! 2017 T32 2.0 TDI 150hp

Back