replacing 340mm brake discs and pads

Hinks007

VIP Member
Hi Guys

I have a t32 SWB 180bhp, vin WV1ZZZ7HZGH121070 any ideas on what discs and pads I need???

Thanks for your help in advance

I Used the brembo online catalogue then searched for the part numbers online, Euro Car Parts came out cheapest with one of their 55% deals they often have, but I have also bought brembos from Amazon in the past.

With the 50% off offer on brakes at Eurocarparts and a long time at home it seems like a good opportunity to renew my brakes on my T6 T30 Kombi. Can anyone recommend any decent guides which I can read/watch? The only ones I have found are the Autodoc series of videos which are all for T5 models, (is the T6 braking the same?). Any help much appreciated.

With the 50% off offer on brakes at Eurocarparts and a long time at home it seems like a good opportunity to renew my brakes on my T6 T30 Kombi. Can anyone recommend any decent guides which I can read/watch? The only ones I have found are the Autodoc series of videos which are all for T5 models, (is the T6 braking the same?). Any help much appreciated.
I cant see 50% off, has the offer finished?
Edit, spotted the code :thumbsup:

So the 50% off just makes them similar price to local auto factor.

Try and get trw high carbon discs and trw cotec pads.

Autodoc germany sell at a great price. Just take a week to get here.

Just a warning on Eurocarparts. I ordered some stuff for the Ford Tourneo Custom I have on the 29th March and only just received last Saturday 18th and still missing two items which are 'to Follow'. They can't cope with the volume of orders they are getting. In store collection is for key workers only.

Having said that, before the Covid-19 kicked in I got brembo discs and pad all round for the T6 from ECP and was really impressed with the service. The brakes are spot on.

Reactions: Loz
I priced up a full set of brembo discs and pads all round and the price from ECP is hilarious even with the discount it comes in just above the normal price from autodoc.

I priced up a full set of brembo discs and pads all round and the price from ECP is hilarious even with the discount it comes in just above the normal price from autodoc.
Do you have a link to the auto doc please I can’t find it.

Do you have a link to the auto doc please I can’t find it.
Took a week for delivery but 2 rear coated discs and set of pads delivered for £104 if i remember correctly. (BREMBO) They also o flash sales every day by the pop ups i get. The android app works wonders :thumbsup:

Took a week for delivery but 2 rear coated discs and set of pads delivered for £104 if i remember correctly. (BREMBO) They also o flash sales every day by the pop ups i get. The android app works wonders :thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up on Autodoc, will check them out.

My T6 has just had its first MOT and warranty expires Monday.
An MOT advisory is front pads 75% worn.
VW advise replacing the disks and pads, parts cost £300+.
There is a small (0.5mm?) Lip on the disk edges, part of which must be rust anyway.
It has done 33000 miles and will see light use.
I am planning to replace the pads myself (it has single pot calipers and 308mm disks).
Makes sense?
Any pitfalls?
Thanks in advance for comments.

Nothing special about the brakes, easy if you've done brakes before

Actually just had a vague recollection that you might need an unusual size Allen key or bit for removing the caliper, maybe 7mm (but Google should confirm) wasn't in my set which has covered every other car I've worked on

Back