Replacement headunit throwing up error. Code out?

chafey69

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone local to Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire got Vagcom? I've replaced my headunit with a oem looking version with Android Auto from Travelite....thing is the ecu now registers the original as missing and keeps throwing up errors on engine management light. I can reset them using Carista but would prefer it if someone could help with clearing the original head unit coding with Vagcom.

Has anyone local to Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire got Vagcom? I've replaced my headunit with a oem looking version with Android Auto from Travelite....thing is the ecu now registers the original as missing and keeps throwing up errors on engine management light. I can reset them using Carista but would prefer it if someone could help with clearing the original head unit coding with Vagcom.
There will be an error saying Module 5F is not contactable but I can't see how removing your head unit will cause errors on the engine management light. Have a look on the member map for a VCDS user local to you. They are shown in yellow. https://www.t6forum.com/membermap/

Agreed, removing headunit will not bring on engine light but it will give you permanent errors in a vcds scan and those (headunit related) errors are not removable

Thanks for the advice...these are the codes relating the the radio/headunit.....there are some other engine codes that caused the management light to come so apologies for thinking it was related to the headunit. So my question is....will vagcom be able to remove the necessary to prevent these codes constantly reappearing. I reset them with Carista but they come straight back.

Screenshot_20220713-160610_Carista.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-161411_Carista.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-161420_Carista.jpg

Agreed, removing headunit will not bring on engine light but it will give you permanent errors in a vcds scan and those (headunit related) errors are not removable
Apologies.....Just re read this.....my answer is already here....ie not removable....

Back