replacement engine vendors

They’re well priced from TPS if you can get one as a private customer. @BognorMotors did a swap on one of these not too long ago and may be able to point you in the right direction.

If you buy a replacement engine from TPS, id advise getting the dowels for the gearbox side and alternator / fuel pump bracket as they aren't already fitted.

Also worth noting that the injectors aren't tightened down properly.

Just a follow up on your post ,how do you get a engine from TPS as I've tried and can't get them to sell me one ? (Been Joe public)

Anyone have any prices and ideas on this as I'm looking to buy a long block cfca ?

mines just eaten it's second turbo and it's breathing heavy using a fair bit of oil.

It's done 125k mind on a revision a A egr so done ok ish from the posts I've seen.
It's a Dsg 4 motion on a 62 plate.
By rights I should burn the bloody thing but do love it enough to start again on a new engine, I must be mad I know

Cheers in advance

Just a follow up on your post ,how do you get a engine from TPS as I've tried and can't get them to sell me one ? (Been Joe public)

Anyone have any prices and ideas on this as I'm looking to buy a long block cfca ?

mines just eaten it's second turbo and it's breathing heavy using a fair bit of oil.

It's done 125k mind on a revision a A egr so done ok ish from the posts I've seen.
It's a Dsg 4 motion on a 62 plate.
By rights I should burn the bloody thing but do love it enough to start again on a new engine, I must be mad I know

Cheers in advance
Tru Darkside developments. I watched video ehere they sell a rebuilt engine and take yours in exchange.
Also try a different TPS. Strangely some sell to public others dont.

TPS closed all their trade counters in lockdown, and wouldn't sign up any new trade accounts, it was delivery only for existing account holders. Even when they opened up the trade counters, they seemed to be following a trade account only policy, and private customers didn't get a look in. My nearest two TPS will not deal with the public, I think you need to be a VAT registered business to have a chance.
Which TPS's out there will deal with the public since the pandemic?

Van is almost repaired ,garage have a TPS account but turned into an expensive fix.Turbo and DPF had to changed as well .Spent more than I wanted to but van was worthless in the state it was in

Sound like I'll be doing a very similar thing to you,with turbos and dpf. Be nice once it's all done and brand new with piece of mind for a few years, hopefully!
Do you know the final bill yet ? Just wondering how much I need to borrow

Cheers for posting the update , good to hear its up and running well again.

So was that new long block,dpf, turbos and the lamba sensor with the VW update ?
I know you said no labour earlier in the post
Fingers crossed it lasts a long time

Back