Replacement Door Cards

Keefff

150 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking at replacing my plastic looking door cards for Caravelle ones. Clearly cheaper second hand off EBay. Has anyone bought the cards from Poland? They are mostly for LHD, do these readily fit a RHD van. Looking for any gotcha’s really?

LHD / RHD are the same as far as I’m aware. The window switches are interchangeable and the alarm LED can also be swapped over.
Luckily I bought my Cali cards locally. I’ve gone for the Cali grey / black leather and finishing so was happy with the black / grey cards.
i looked at the Poland offerings and apart from the excessive postage, the description didn’t inspire my OCD!.
Have you checked out Richard @ Karnow?

I've bought the Poland ones before.

As above they same and just need the switches and LED swapped over.

Easy job if your that way inclined.

Thanks @Wills and @Dellmassive good info. Richard at Kernow doesn’t have any I like. Looking at titanium black with brushed metal trim and cloth or leather insert. My upgrade plan includes swapping all that beige lower dash trim for black at circa £500, so preferring lower cost 2nd hand door cards

Yeh.

I done the black trim swap over.

I got the 3 lower dash plastics supplied in the UK from @Pauly

I lifted the part numbers from another thread on here and fired them into my local VW dealer, just awaiting a final response. Can @Pauly get the parts cheaper?

Also looking at fitting the aftermarket cab carpet while I am at it! Have you done that?

Not really, we get a little bit of discount but when you add postage on normally its back where you started

Are the Caravelle ones so different to the standard ones? I assume they're still just a large hunk of plastic?

they are covered in leather or fabric instead of plastic and some come with ambient lighting built in, also the upper panels/strips have different finishes so you can get brushed metal effect etc to match dash

They are a lot nicer, sort of foamy plastic at the top, a colour coded trim piece, fabric or leather door pocket and a metal handle. Also some have ambient lighting Built in.
4132790F-7E17-4C23-8F83-E49EF801FB81.jpeg

1FDFC90C-36F4-4EF5-9F85-CCDE9F7FAC6C.jpeg
Job done thanks for advice. From EBay, from Poland, quick delivery, but £60 postage. They are stamped inside For LHD & RHD. Easy peasy to swap alarm LED across.

Last edited:
@Skyliner33 they were from Egoistvan.com I offered them a price lower than advertised. Eventually we came to an agreement that negated the postage. Condition good (some scuffs), but as pictured so I am happy.

@Skyliner33 they were from Egoistvan.com I offered them a price lower than advertised. Eventually we came to an agreement that negated the postage. Condition good (some scuffs), but as pictured so I am happy.
Thanks, would you mind pm ing me how the negotaitions went so I can try the same :) ie where did you start?

Just found a minor gotcha fitting caravelle door cards. My captains seats would spin completely round (passenger mainly) with doors closed. But the top pocket sticks out further and now the recliner wheel gets stuck. So I have to open the front doors to spin them, a first world problem I can live with I suppose!

Which swivels do you have @Keefff ? Just wondering because we have Sportscraft ones and there has been no change between the original door cards and the Caravelle ones. The passenger one has always spun right round easily and the drivers one has always needed a couple of adjustments to get it round

Back