Replacement Discovery Media Sd Card

Hinsley

T6 Pro
When I bought my van it was sold with Sat Nav. Before I had left the garage I noticed the sd card was missing and reported it thinking they had it inside the office and not in the van.

They couldn’t find it and offered to supply me with one as the van was sold having sat nav - it does have the Discovery Media system.

I’ve chased them a few times and they say they are still waiting for vw to send it to them?

In the mean time, I’ve looked on eBay and there are loads for sale starting around £15. I know I shouldn’t have to fork out but if it’s possible to get one for around this price then I don’t mind paying.

Can some tell me what version I need, there seems to be quite a few different ones. I’m happy to download and install the latest maps if that’s all I would need to do.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the AS versions but still can’t see if there are any differences between v6/v7/v8 etc... with v10 being the latest.

The version number is how old it is but once you update the map software you will have the latest version anyway so it shouldnt matter too much

Thanks @Pauly

Do you know if there is and coding/linking to do?

AFAIK the head unit just a wants a vw sd card with the appropriate software so once that’s inserted it should start working?

As I mentioned above , the only difference I have been able to find is some are AT and some are AS. Looking on a sat nav website that sells vw cards it does say AS is for T6.

AT is for older discovery headunits with the slightly smaller screen, AS is for the current range with the larger screen (MIB2)

AT is for older discovery headunits with the slightly smaller screen, AS is for the current range with the larger screen (MIB2)

Excellent, thanks @Pauly again.

I’m in vw today so will ask them for a price/delivery time.

Sat Nav websites have new cards for £35.

Ebay has used cards from £15.

So as I was in VW today I asked for a price of a replacement SD card and was told it was just under a £100!

Needless to say I’m getting one from a reseller for nearer £30.

Back