Replacement dash switch blanks

brian smart

VCDS User
VIP Member
does anyone know the part numbers and what extra switches you can get that will fit in the blank positions on the right hand side
looking to fit extra interior lights and led floods for front

Can you post a pic of where you want to fit your new switches?..

Ie which blanks.

I have diff lock button the middle location iirc the one to the right might be heated windscreen?
IMG_0898.jpg

I too would be interested if you can get generic non-printed switches to replace these blanks.

Pete

Most of the factory buttons are just momentary push buttons. Linked to the BCM.

But I'm assuming you need a latching switch.

Just be cautious of the current carrying capabilities of any switch and kit you fit.

the switches are left/right specific as they have a slight slant.

Here's our layout....

20180919_123259.jpg

Last edited:
hi I have now found some small 12mm latching switches , black with red LEDS witch I intend to fit in the blanks
for info I am fully qualified auto tech although I do not do this for a living now, I have all ready fitted all cable work vie relays fitted in the enclosure under the battery
when I have done it I will upload some pics
the red led is a ring around the switch which I intend the wire into the lighting circuit , with a 3mm led next to it in colour of my choice to show when its on

Awesome... post some pics and links when you can.

=]

nice, a few pick of then lit up next =]

Original VW switches are all keyed to specific locations as far as I know so are the blanks. I guess this is to stop the production line operative fitting switches in wrong places. However LHD & RHD vehicles have the basic switches transposed across the dash so individual switches are different for LHD & RHD vehicles.
I discovered this by wrongly ordering a TPMS reset switch for my T5 and ended up with it on the left side of the dash as I ordered one for a LHD vehicle, didn't really matter as the slot was spare any way.

The are on mine, it's a '63 plate face lift. As I said above, I found out the hard way when I tried to fit the supplied TPMS switch on other places, it would only go in one place to the left of the dash centre.

I looked at the blanks on my T6 a few weeks ago and they are all 'keyed' to their specific locations. i.e. the moulding will only allow them to fit in one place so I assume the relevant switches are the same.

The are on mine, it's a '63 plate face lift. As I said above, I found out the hard way when I tried to fit the supplied TPMS switch on other places, it would only go in one place to the left of the dash centre.

I looked at the blanks on my T6 a few weeks ago and they are all 'keyed' to their specific locations. i.e. the moulding will only allow them to fit in one place so I assume the relevant switches are the same.
B*gger, do you mean that the blanks aren't just left or right slanted? Each blank only fits in a specific hole? Or are the empty blanks universal and it's just the fonctional switches that will only go in one place?

Do check but I think they are all unique, I suspect that there are moulding differences where they slot into the frame.

All corner switches are unique but the two blanks that sit in the middle of each set can be turned 180 and fit in either slot so there are 10 blanks available that cover the 12 slots

Back