Replace sat nav with one from another VW model

kirkm5238

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi can you use a genuine sat nav out of another vw like a Tiguan looking for one with app connect on and do you have to reprogram van and and would it need gps antenna thanks kirk

They have component protection built in, so will need to be unlocked to work in a different vehicle. There are much better aftermarket solutions out there that will still integrate with the vans features.

Last edited:
I can supply and fit composition media and discover media units fully unlocked. However they aren't cheap and for similar cost I can fit an aftermarket headunit that will retain everything you want to retain.

Thanks for the reply’s every one I’ve managed to get hold of one out of an 18 plate t6 what will need to get this to work with my van it’s a highline van if that makes a difference thanks kirk

Component protection needs removing. It may need unlocking depending on what activation codes it already has in place

Ring me tomorrow if you want your not far from me buddy

Hi matey, It'll still need component protection removing as they look at the vin details stored to the vehicle and lock if they don't match

Hi matey, It'll still need component protection removing as they look at the vin details stored to the vehicle and lock if they don't match
Ok thanks mate will give you a ring is it a big job can it be done y I wait thanks kirk

Yeah I can do it quickly in and out in an hour with a bit of info from yourself before hand

Back