Replace heater fan on t6 /t32 with climate control

Kenscab

In middle of removing t6 /t32 front heater fan . Does dash need to come out ?

DC23C2B2-5D84-4BA1-ADD7-1357528B2B4C.jpegfew bolts screws left as usual had to drill a 13 mm hole to get at last bolt then it just fell out seems to work ok now I drilled the hole where the cable clip was . Hope this helps anyone else who has to change blower . Ken

F63424D1-B7C2-4C8C-AAF5-4D58179E37A3.jpeg

It stopped working no warning or out just stopped , am going to open it up in case a wire has come off , then I’ll keep it for spare or somat

Has it stopped working at all speeds? assuming the fuse is ok?

Yes I checked the power at fan plug = 12 volts so tryed a battery with 2 wires to plug fan was dead so replaced it , works as it should now

In middle of removing t6 /t32 front heater fan . Does dash need to come out ?

View attachment 125352few bolts screws left as usual had to drill a 13 mm hole to get at last bolt then it just fell out seems to work ok now I drilled the hole where the cable clip was . Hope this helps anyone else who has to change blower . Ken

View attachment 125353
I got to the same place....as I'm removing mine (T6 with Air Con)... but I can get it out from there. Anyone know how to get it out from here.?

I got to the same place....as I'm removing mine (T6 with Air Con)... but I can get it out from there. Anyone know how to get it out from here.?
Did you have any luck? I’m trying to remove the blower motor too but reluctant to remove more of the plastics underneath it. I can see the last screw mentioned by OP but still not sure it’ll drop out even with that screw out the way.

Did you have any luck? I’m trying to remove the blower motor too but reluctant to remove more of the plastics underneath it. I can see the last screw mentioned by OP but still not sure it’ll drop out even with that screw out the way.
I did manage to get it out in the end.... but only because I downloaded the VW T6 workshop manual... where it shows you exactly where all the screws are... even then it's a bit of a fiddle... rotating it and wiggling until it falls out. Oh... and I didn't need to drill a 13mm hole. I bought a really small 8mm ratchet spanner for one of the bolts... the rest was accessible with a socket set.

Back