Repairing wing mirror, can’t identify cable

Vanlady

VIP Member
I am just about to attempt to repair my broken wing mirror but I have found a broken wire which I remember seeing break but cannot find the other part to which it needs to be soldered. It seems to be an earth. .Broken Mirror  (450 x 600).jpgBroken wire (450 x 600).jpg

Is that the co-ax cable for an aerial? Left mirror for DAB and right mirror for FM? I’m no expert in these things

What's the connector on the end of that cable ?

Although, from the picture, as @JOG says looks like a coax antenna cable.

I have repaired and re-fitted the left wing mirror and everything works ; the DAB radio and the adjustment of the mirror is ok. Don't know if it heats, not too bothered.
Found it a bit difficult finding cables to pull through the hole from inside but used a thin wire hook to eventually locate them. DAB did not work until I fitted the door card, wonder why. Never found where the broken wire should go!! However now the window will rise to half-way and then lower; will not close normally. Took the door card off again but still the same. Re-fitted it but still window will not close. Can't see that I did any damage or is it just "coincidence"? Have managed to close window by holding
it and "wiggling" (the glass, not me personally) whilst intermittently pressing door switch. Not going to open it until I find a solution! Has anyone got advice/ideas?

Back