Repacking an Airbeam awning

GtiOli

T6 Pro
First use of our new van and Galli 3 awning was great! The awning was still damp on packing up so I put loose in the van and dried in the garage, now I’m packing it up and thinking how the hell does this fold up neatly? I’m no stranger to tents but this is the hardest things I have ever packed!!! How do you know if you have all the air out of the beams?? I have a feeling divorce maybe caused by pack up not setup for once!

You should be able to reverse the pump to deflate the beams.

We lay it out on the groundsheet, fold the awning material in so it is all on the groundsheet, and as evenly distributed as possible, then fold and compress as you go. You need to make sure that one side of the resultant pack is the length of the bag it is going into.

Pete

Yes, agree using the ‘deflate’ on the pump makes it a lot easier. I’ve got the galli too. We usually fold it across to the right width (quarter I think) on the footprint and then roll it up. I’d also make sure you roll towards the door (open) to allow the air out as you go. I usually also use a few bungee cords to hold it together once rolled, to then put it in the bag. Definitely gets easier after a few goes.

Doesn't have to be packed that tight, the bag is huge. Just make sure the airbeams are completely deflated. One person push the valve in whilst another rolls up the awning

I haven’t got time to link, but there’s a great YouTube video from Winfields I think that shows the guy pitch it up and put it away again, basically fold it up into 4 sections length wise. Then fold each section over each other and towards the valves (turn them so they are open) then a final roll up.

If you push...or is it pull... and twist the valve it stays open!;) If you don't reset it you cant get the pump on next time.

On my Galli when you insert the valve it automatically closes the valve again.

It was Attwools -

I found deflating using the pump again it gets to the point where it won’t pump any more! I will watch the videos, thanks!!

Back