1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing The Heater Control Surround / Trim?

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Montecha, 2 Jun 2018.

1. Montecha

Montecha Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I've finally got an 'OEM+' heater control trim that I'm happy with, and going to fit.

Before I just wade in with my trusty trim tool and lever it all off an break something, any hints/tips from those that have done this before?

Do the buttons come out with the trim, or do they need to come out before removing the trim?

This is what I'm trying to fit. Hydro dipped version.

A588AE04-BC6C-4950-90FE-1B1B57674F92.jpeg

2. Montecha

Map
    Gave it a blast - the blanks clip out from the back, the switches have a metal clip top and bottom that just needs compressing and a push. So quite straight forward.

All done and the Mongrel Comfort dash now looks half decent.

12210F4A-C82E-4AC4-BE29-BC86D2789AA8.jpeg

carlg and andys like this.
  3. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Very smart! Have you got the same colour trim under the gauges (it’s hard to work out in this photo) or is that next?

4. Floor Fit

Floor Fit Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Did you fit the comfort dash also ?

5. Montecha

Map
    That's the last bit to swap, wasn't going to do it - but decided in the week that it needs to be gloss black like everything else.

Ads_Essex likes this.
  6. Montecha

Map
    Yes, it was a std Highline, so all the lower dash has been replaced, as well as the upper vents and the VanX glove box.

7. Floor Fit

Floor Fit Member VIP Member T6 Pro

how did you find the fit and quality of the van x kit buddy ?

8. Montecha

Map
    I only used the glove box - didn’t use the vent covers as I bought the Caravelle vents with the flow adjusters.

In terms of fit - it’s ok. I couldn’t get the bottom / hidden screw in. But secure enough. I’ve lined it with rubber mat to kill any rattles.

I think they should have put the hinge on the bottom and not the top. Then it would stay open. I don’t use the space inside - it purely cosmetic for me to make dash look better - the comfort centre console has the storage space I need.