Removing centre caps & sourcing new VW ones

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Have just purchased and had fitted 18" Wolfrace Munich alloy - now wishing I'd got the VW centre caps installed at the same time.

What is the easiest way to remove the Wolfrace centres? There seems very little gap to put anything in to prise out... Looked on Youtube - suggestion is heavy duty duct tape etc and pull! Tried that but no success...

Also, centres are 60mm - there are plenty on Ebay but other thread in this forum suggest they're of poor quality - surprisingly really struggling to find genuine VW one's online - every size apart from 60mm is available!! Any links would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Screw a screw into the centre and pull out with pliers if you're not bothered about them, or if you are take your wheels off as you'll only damage the alloy.
I purchased genuine Tiguan centre caps for my wolf race alloys.

Hi,

Have just purchased and had fitted 18" Wolfrace Munich alloy - now wishing I'd got the VW centre caps installed at the same time.

What is the easiest way to remove the Wolfrace centres? There seems very little gap to put anything in to prise out... Looked on Youtube - suggestion is heavy duty duct tape etc and pull! Tried that but no success...

Also, centres are 60mm - there are plenty on Ebay but other thread in this forum suggest they're of poor quality - surprisingly really struggling to find genuine VW one's online - every size apart from 60mm is available!! Any links would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bizarrely I'm sitting here with a 60mm diameter ATS centre cap (prized off carefully a couple of minutes ago with a thin flat bladed screwdriver) and looking on Fleabay they all look like cheap rubbish. If you find anything can you point me in the right direction! (Will look at Tiguan caps next).

Just get some domed gel stickers and stick them on your existing centre caps. I had some with VW logos that I stuck over the Range Rover centre caps and they never came off.

Just get some domed gel stickers and stick them on your existing centre caps. I had some with VW logos that I stuck over the Range Rover centre caps and they never came off.

Good idea but my existing ones are embossed so not a flat surface.

Bizarrely I'm sitting here with a 60mm diameter ATS centre cap (prized off carefully a couple of minutes ago with a thin flat bladed screwdriver) and looking on Fleabay they all look like cheap rubbish. If you find anything can you point me in the right direction! (Will look at Tiguan caps next).

If i find anything I will let you know and vice versa... Like you say lots on EBay but very poor quality. Can‘t believe it‘s so hard finding 60mm ones - there are a few genuine ones listed on Ebay but description simply says model, e.g. Golf, but not size. Think it might be a case of contacting a helpful dealer.

If i find anything I will let you know and vice versa... Like you say lots on EBay but very poor quality. Can‘t believe it‘s so hard finding 60mm ones - there are a few genuine ones listed on Ebay but description simply says model, e.g. Golf, but not size. Think it might be a case of contacting a helpful dealer.

Will do, looks like Tiguan ones are 65mm so that's a no go.

Hi
I recently purchased these from E bay and they are high quality.

4x 60mm VW Volkswagen Stickre 3D Wheel Center Cap Stickers Aluminum Emblem Black | eBay

Hi,

Thanks.

Elliot at Travelin-Lite has some 60mm versions he'll be adding to the website in the next few days, I've had several bits from him and the quality is generally very good.

Travelin-Lite LTD

Hi,

Thanks.

Any photos of you Wolfrace Munichs fitted? I'm considering buying a set when my standard tyres wear out.
Have you dropped the suspension or fitted spacers?

There are genuine VW 60mm centre caps available:

20190425_181203.jpg
I guess a few of you will be wanting the part number........ :D

They arent blue btw, that's just the protective film! :thumbsup:

Hi, can you order these online or did you need to go through a VW garage?

Cheers.

I bought from my local VW dealership.

You would probably have to order the travelinlite aftermarket versions if you wanted to buy online. That or contact one of the VW dealerships that sell parts via Ebay (breezepoole, silverwagen, tlderbyvolkswagen, pulman-vwg, vw_teeside, etc) and see if they could list/mail order you some.

Last edited:
I bought from my local VW dealership.

You would probably have to order the travelinlite aftermarket versions if you wanted to buy online or contact one of the VW dealerships that sell parts via Ebay (breezepoole, silverwagen, tlderbyvolkswagen, pulman-vwg, vw_teeside, etc) and see if they could list/mail order you some.
Great stuff. Order placed through Travelin-Lite. Many thanks!

I got some about 3 years ago for my Golf, Amazon I think and I vaguely remember about £8 for 4.... Obviously not OEM but still look good.

Back