Removing bulkhead - reverse camera issue

stuartfras

2016 Trendline
T6 Pro
Hello folks, hope you're all well.

I've been messing about with the van this week, decided to remove the bottom strip which supports the bulkhead so had both seats out and removed some of the lining in the back.

Completed the mission and hooked up all the cables again which were underneath the passenger seat but the reverse camera has now stopped working. I'm getting a reverse light (one on the passenger side which I think is right?) and the sensors are working but camera seems to have stopped engaging. It tries and then says unavailable.

What have I messed up? I had a look at the wiring of the camera, as far as I'm aware its an OEM VW camera and OEM head unit.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Stuart

Hmm, perhaps try retracing your steps and checking all the various plugs and also checking to see if you have pinched/sliced any.

There’s a connection in the roof; centre rear I think. I disturbed that when removing my roof lining and camera stopped working. Unplugged and plugged back in and it’s been fine for over 2 years since.
Have you removed the roof lining?

There’s a connection in the roof; centre rear I think. I disturbed that when removing my roof lining and camera stopped working. Unplugged and plugged back in and it’s been fine for over 2 years since.
Have you removed the roof lining?
Not touched the roof lining but cheers for that info, I'll try and remember that when I remove the roof lining and it stops working again haha!

Removing the bulkhead is fine, just need to be careful when you're getting rid of the lower lip that you don't grind through the bodywork!
the guy I went to left some dinge marks alright but seems fine other than the bruising, you nearly have to do everything yourself to be sure its done right which is huge pain in the backside

the guy I went to left some dinge marks alright but seems fine other than the bruising, you nearly have to do everything yourself to be sure its done right which is huge pain in the backside
I've got a few wee 'divots' and I was being extremely careful, so easily done. I painted mine with metal paint to stop it rusting and figured it will be hidden underneath the carpet soon enough!

I've got a few wee 'divots' and I was being extremely careful, so easily done. I painted mine with metal paint to stop it rusting and figured it will be hidden underneath the carpet soon enough!
I've also done that too, every tiny little thing has its own system, problems to figure out and multiple suggested wrong ways of doing it. its a real slow job.

Back