How do I remove a wheel?

iDixonn

T6 Pro
Hello, should there be a security nut that came with my VW to remove the centre part of this alloy wheel?

4A991254-1DB1-4859-8282-2FDBBDF10F85.jpeg

Not 100% certain what you are asking. That centre nut doesn’t come off to get the wheel off.
And that looks like a steel wheel, not an alloy wheel.

Pete

Reactions: Ozi
Ahh ok thought that centre piece needed to come off to get the wheel off. So there aren’t any security nuts on ‘steel wheels’?

For wheel removal ONLY undo the bolts circled in red. DO NOT try to undo the big middle nut.

torque for factory steel or alloy wheel and factory bolts is the same.

if you don't know what you are doing get someone to help you... no offense intended.

Screenshot_20210531-111123_Chrome.jpg

Ahh ok thought that centre piece needed to come off to get the wheel off. So there aren’t any security nuts on ‘steel wheels’?
We can't all be knowledgeable about everything, I do lots of home improvements / building work but I won't touch electrics, I simply don't know enough to be 100% safe and I'd hate to put anybody else in danger. I get somebody in who knows what they're doing then I can sleep soundly at night without worrying that my shoddy wiring is going to set the house on fire!
Changing a wheel is simple to some people, but if you're not sure, leave it to somebody who is so you can sleep soundly at night!

Reactions: CAB
Back