Remove lower Caravelle dash holding carpet

I want to remove the front carpet from my 2016 Caravelle but cannot work out how to remove the centre piece of trim that is trapping the carpet to the floor. The trim wraps round from the drivers footwell to the passengers and is the part that holds the big drinks bottle - I've already removed that part so I can see the fuses. I'd really appreciate some guidance

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_1106.jpeg

It's a whole lower dash off job. Start from each end of the dash. the underneath and end bits clip off. 7 screws in the glove box then remove that. Turn the light switch to 0, push it in and twist then pull it out. 1 screw in the bezel around the switch, remove bezel and unclip dash trim. Open centre tray and remove rubber mat. There is a screw at the back, remove this and prise off the top cover, unclip the bit around the DSG lever. You should see a few screws, theres two at the top of the centre trim, a couple where the fuse box is. remove the screws from the ashtray and pull that out then the surround will pull away from the dash. You'll then be able to remove the carpet

Managed it! Someone's been there before me as at least a third of the screws were missing and a few of the clips are broken. Finally found that the carpet was partly stuck down with a few interesting finds underneath, the odd pair of grips, a roll of insulating tape and a whole variety of assorted rubbish. But no sign of the missing screws! Can now sort the carpet. Thanks!

The screws are readily available on eBay

The screws are readily available on eBay
Hey @Deaky

Quick one as can’t seem to see anyone suggesting how. How do you go about removing the dash inlays (brushed aluminium etc.)?

is there a particular way (if you’ve done it), conscious they are likely quite delicate fixings.
Cheers

:thumbsup:

Hey @Deaky

Quick one as can’t seem to see anyone suggesting how. How do you go about removing the dash inlays (brushed aluminium etc.)?

is there a particular way (if you’ve done it), conscious they are likely quite delicate fixings.
Cheers

:thumbsup:
As far as I know they're just clipped in with the same clips that hold the radio surround in place. Mine has been out a few times without issue. Go carefully around the edge with a trim tool and you should be ok.

As far as I know they're just clipped in with the same clips that hold the radio surround in place. Mine has been out a few times without issue. Go carefully around the edge with a trim tool and you should be ok.
Cheers @Deaky

much appreciated advice.

Not sure @Bentley T6 do you have to remove the gloss black piece first? Or maybe they are all one part?

Back