Removal Of F45s Awning Brackets

stephen martin

Hello there,
new to the forum and had a query for my recently converted T6.
My Fiamma F45s awning brackets got damaged in the rain so bought a new set of brackets and leg (it got damaged too). Anyone ever removed the brackets? Been fixed with Sika252 glue and brackets still held on really tight. Any idea how I remove without damaging the T6? Bit of an amateur but was quoted £1000 by my converting company so thought I would do myself.
any thoughts or help appreciated.

Stephen

Sorry I can't help but would be interested to know what damage was done to them as I have an f45s too?

I foolishly left the awning up and there was a very heavy rain fall overnight and the pressure of the water on awning cover broke the awning leg (well snapped the bolt that fixes it to the awning) and it also sheered the awning brackets so hence the need to replace.

I foolishly left the awning up and there was a very heavy rain fall overnight and the pressure of the water on awning cover broke the awning leg (well snapped the bolt that fixes it to the awning) and it also sheered the awning brackets so hence the need to replace.
Ouch, good luck getting it sorted

Hello there,
new to the forum and had a query for my recently converted T6.
My Fiamma F45s awning brackets got damaged in the rain so bought a new set of brackets and leg (it got damaged too). Anyone ever removed the brackets? Been fixed with Sika252 glue and brackets still held on really tight. Any idea how I remove without damaging the T6? Bit of an amateur but was quoted £1000 by my converting company so thought I would do myself.
any thoughts or help appreciated.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
We use sika products on site a lot, for our worktop joints etc. Unfortunately it is such a good product that when it comes to removal it is a right faff. The problem being is that you don't want to be damaging the van so i wouldn't advise using the sika removal paste which is on the market. Sika fortunately does not go solid, so i'm wondering if you could get a heavy duty fishing line in behind the bracket and pull it through. This might ease it to the point that you could pull it off with your hands. As far as the residue left it should wipe away with plenty of elbow grease. Good luck.

Hi Stephen,
We use sika products on site a lot, for our worktop joints etc. Unfortunately it is such a good product that when it comes to removal it is a right faff. The problem being is that you don't want to be damaging the van so i wouldn't advise using the sika removal paste which is on the market. Sika fortunately does not go solid, so i'm wondering if you could get a heavy duty fishing line in behind the bracket and pull it through. This might ease it to the point that you could pull it off with your hands. As far as the residue left it should wipe away with plenty of elbow grease. Good luck.

Back