Removable flange towbar for T6 - to carry motorbike?

T6GF

Hi,

New member here & first post - I just bought a '17 LWB Camper conversion. Happy bunny.

I would like to add a towbar to the van so I can carry my full-size enduro (motocross) bike on a Dave Cooper rack or similar.

These racks attach to flange towbars - I can find plenty of those, but only fixed ones. The only removable ones I can find for the T6 are swan-neck (which would require an adapter to hold the rack, which I wouldn't really trust).

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers

George

Look at PF Jones website they have 9 different flange mounted towbars
Thanks, I had looked on there but none of their flange ones are detachable. I'd prefer a detachable one if any exist/are available. Witter make them for some vehicles, but not it seems for the T6.

Hi,

New member here & first post - I just bought a '17 LWB Camper conversion. Happy bunny.

I would like to add a towbar to the van so I can carry my full-size enduro (motocross) bike on a Dave Cooper rack or similar.

These racks attach to flange towbars - I can find plenty of those, but only fixed ones. The only removable ones I can find for the T6 are swan-neck (which would require an adapter to hold the rack, which I wouldn't really trust).

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers

George
Hi George, I made an adapter to sit on top of a swan neck tow bar that has a Dave Cooper rack attched to it. This assembly clamps to the tow ball with pinch bolts and it works well. I even attacked a plate with lights and a short 7 pin lead, the plate being steel also accepts the magnetic number plate :)IMG_0602.JPG

Hi George, I made an adapter to sit on top of a swan neck tow bar that has a Dave Cooper rack attched to it. This assembly clamps to the tow ball with pinch bolts and it works well. I even attacked a plate with lights and a short 7 pin lead, the plate being steel also accepts the magnetic number plate :)

Wow, that's very nice.

Sadly making something like that is a bit beyond my metalworking skills.

Anything similar commercially available?

Would you trust an adapter with 115kg of fuelled ktm 300 rather than your svelte Sherco?

Cheers

Wow, that's very nice.

Sadly making something like that is a bit beyond my metalworking skills.

Anything similar commercially available?

Would you trust an adapter with 115kg of fuelled ktm 300 rather than your svelte Sherco?

Cheers
yes because all of the weight is downwards it cant jump off. 115kgs is getting close to most tow ball maximums which are around 120kgs. I have private messaged you a bit more info but anyone else who sees this, I did not tow using this adapter, purely attached the bike rack.

Hi, does anyone carry a small motorcycle on a towbar mounted rack?
kind of - see here

Back