Removable bed?

TeamT

Hi all, I have been looking around the site for a while now and it is a great source of info!

I have ordered a lwb highline which should hopefully be at the dealers mid Feb, then the fun starts..and the questions!

My first real question is to do with seat beds, ideally I am after a removable seat bed that can carry three kids and so has to be ultra safe, is there such a thing, and would it be too heavy to move in and out the van by myself?

I currrntly have a t5 with a two and one set up in the back which are fine to shift about weight wise.

Thank you for any pointers in advance.

Hi @TeamT , been looking at same, firstly you need at least an M1 tested bed, TUV is better, and this needs to be attached to a certified fitting system, such as a multi rail. This gives you the multi point position, and makes it removable.:thumbsup: Good luck, and keep us posted:)

You could purchase a kombi bed from exploria or more extravagant slidepod which do a kombi pod you could then fit a 2+1 seat as you state easy to remove the kombi beds are removable and store away easy in the shed or garage till wanted, hope this helps

Exploria photo gallery

Last edited:
The Exploria kombi bed is removable, bolts into the load fixing points, and can be used without taking the seats out. It fits across the whole width of the van then extends forward over the folded down seats. It should fit 3 children - just depends on how big they are, and how much they fight each other!

The Exploria kombi bed is removable, bolts into the load fixing points, and can be used without taking the seats out. It fits across the whole width of the van then extends forward over the folded down seats. It should fit 3 children - just depends on how big they are, and how much they fight each other!
What you going for m8 exploria or are you going all out for a slidepod now that you have had your promotion;)

Thanks for your responses, loads of options which is great but a headache at the same time.

For our situation a seat that converts to a bed on a rail system sounds a winner. The van will be used as my work vehicle primarily so I would need the space in the back during the week.

Will take a look and let you know what we go for, then there is the pop top, heater.....etc!!

@TeamT welcome to the customisation side of ownership :D, be aware that the proper bed seats and rails are "expensive", but how much are your dear ones worth.:whistle: Some places you don't hold back on:thumbsup: Look forward to more pics etc:thumbsup::)

My Suggestion would be to retro fit the caravelle floor rail system to the van. We do this for customers regularly, We also fit using all the chassis re-enforcing brackets and will supply you with a fitting certificate to keep your insurance company happy and a short video to prove all the brackets are installed properly where they should be.
Customers normally opt to trade in their panel van / kombi van seats and have a whole new set of seats of matching trim caravelle seats (this is because the commercial vehicles and caravelles always get trimmed in totally different fabrics/leathers) so you get a trim match throughout the vehicle.
From a safety point of view its all OEM VW so you cant ask for more.

Aaagh @TeamT, such are the joys of a new Transporter, you are now transported back to the time as a child when you had tenpence to spend in the sweet shop and didn't know what to choose first :confused:.

Add addintional quick release brackets in the rear to house a Bebb bed.. then you can use it as and when required..or just keep load area

Thanks.
The floor brackets about £300 fitted..
Bed around 2.3k(spec dependent) all M1.

Last edited:
What you going for m8 exploria or are you going all out for a slidepod now that you have had your promotion;)
No it'll be an Exploria unit for me, which with the eventual hilo should suit us. Got the reimo multirail on now so just need the tent!
It isn't that much of a promotion! Can't go for the andythom188 approach to T6 customising ;)

No it'll be an Exploria unit for me, which with the eventual hilo should suit us. Got the reimo multirail on now so just need the tent!
It isn't that much of a promotion! Can't go for the andythom188 approach to T6 customising ;)
I've had my van a few more months than you so had a head start I ain't even got me electrics in yet :eek: but working on it ;)
I'm trying to find out what rail I need to fit

I picked up a Kyham motordome half price from them the other week :)

to be fair at 2.6k for the bebb bed fitted its not far off the price of the caravelle system and seats once you take the trade in into account.

Back