Removable Awning

Lewis178

Hi. New here and this maybe a dumb question. I’ve had a T6 for 5 years. Got a 6.1 on order now. Ascot grey... best new colour in my opinion

on my T6 I have a Dometic awning sat on 2 big brackets that are bolted and sika’d on. Ideally, I want to be able to take my awning off in the winter, store it inside and maybe run it through the odd car wash. If I took my awning off, there’d be 2 big ugly brackets sticking up which I can’t take off, they’re sika’d on.

is there an awning that just bolts onto a rail or something where it’s a 5 min Job to take it off and put it on? I don’t mind having a nice neat rail of some kind Permanently on, just not 2 big brackets.
I've looked on YouTube... can’t see much.

cheers

Lewis

Look at the Reimo Active Rail system - I believe THULE do an awning that attaches/detaches quite easily... I think it’s called ‘Ominster’.

This thread may help, there is a link to the Thule bracket document which gives a few options for attachment

There was also a van (crispy?) recently that had the Thule awning bolted onto the roof rail mounting point.

Thanks for the responses. Is it an usual thing...?... to want to have a removable awning cassette without big sika’d on brackets?? I started looking into it and expected to just find something straight away... not the case. Also, don’t Want it to stick up too high because it’s my only vehicle, I’m regularly in city centres and use multi story car parks.

Thanks for the responses. Is it an usual thing...?... to want to have a removable awning cassette without big sika’d on brackets?? I started looking into it and expected to just find something straight away... not the case. Also, don’t Want it to stick up too high because it’s my only vehicle, I’m regularly in city centres and use multi story car parks.
Have a look at this post. I’m thinking of adding one in the same way. It is removable and can be fitted when you have roof bars, which i do.

The California factory awning brackets only bolt on, I have removed ours and stored it as we are using a driveway awning and a Stitches and Steel air Awning.

Back