Remap: Revo or Pendle?

MicP

T6 Pro
Back in the day I had two T4's remapped; once at chipwizards and once at Pendle.
Both took several hours, rolling road, lots of tinkering. £350 odd quid for half a day seemed back then like quite a lot of money but it was worth it.
Now I read Revo is the place to go and found a localish place to go so I ask how long and get told half hour! £400 for half an hour! So that's a plug in and generic map.. suddenly I'm less keen. What's changed? Why can they just plug in stick a generic map on and charge £400, why doesn't it need a rolling road and carefully adjusted to suit?
Do Pendle still do it on the rolling road or has that changed too?

They all have maps made now. Pendle and Revo have worked out a base setting that suits most vehicles, this gets applied and then on road test your live data is captured and then inspected. Its here the map is then often tweaked to suit your vehicle.
The map installation is all done via the OBD port on the van, back in the day a lot of ECU's had to be removed and opened... this is where the time was spent.

Pendle wont road test the van when setting up the map but will instead use a rolling road but still checking the same data as the others check on road test.

You wont regret the Revo map, have a search for reviews on here..

Ok that's good to know they road test it and tweak it, makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I had my 204 DGS 4Motion remapped at Pendle HQ a couple of months ago and it was booked in for a good few hours. Martin has a double roller set up for 4-wheel drive vehicles and once he was happy with the rolling road, he took it out on a local test drive. I'm certainly happy with the increase to 257.

I heard that Leighton Vans moved to Revo for a while but reverted back to Pendle?

Can any of you tell me if the ecu needs to come out and opened on a t6 euro 5 140 or can it be done through the connector port . Mine is coming up to 3 years old and was thinking of having it done .

Can any of you tell me if the ecu needs to come out and opened on a t6 euro 5 140 or can it be done through the connector port . Mine is coming up to 3 years old and was thinking of having it done .

Its all done through the OBD Pport

Should do, depending on the actual map, I'm not decided yet but it will be Pendle or Revo for the Silver Machine. Oh yeah, and of course you'll have to get used to driving it normally again!

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to all this so please bear with me .......
Its a mine field out there so any help would be very much appreciated.
So I've recently bought and got converted my T6 highline 150 bhp (was new on a 68 plate and now only done 1100miles)
I think I would like the remap but have a few questions
Revo or Pendale
Should I leave it till the warranty is up
Should I leave it till its done a few more miles
Do you have to remove the remap before you take it back to the dealer for a service (if so anybody any idea of costs in removing and reapplying)
Possibly a very stupid question but is there a big and noticeable difference when driving.

Thanks for reading and would appreciate your thoughts.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either Pendle or Revo. I've had a Pendle remap and it was brilliant, tonnes of torque low down which made everyday driving so much better.

There's a few Revo fans on the forum too as well as dealers; I've not heard a bad thing about them unless you're running a EU6 102 - something to do with the turbos. I'm off to get my 150 remapped soon and it will most likely be done by Revo. This is based on the proximity of a Revo dealer and the very positive reviews on here.

Warrantywise, I'd suggest if you are worried about it to wait. I've asked VW dealers and they've said if its detected your warranty on your drivetrain parts and ECU etc will be voided - it's a very convenient way for them to get out of putting stuff right.

I'm also considering a remap or putting a diesel chip in.... Pros and cons?...

I'd go with a remap from a reputable company. A friend used a well known tuning chip box, can't remember the name now but I'll ask him next time we speak. It definitely increased the power but also doctored the MFD to report better mpg, which was proven to be false information after figuring mpg out tank to tank, which he is fastidious with.

Last edited:
I'd with a remap from a reputable company. A friend used a well known tuning chip box, can't remember the name now but I'll ask him next time we speak. It definitely increased the power but also doctored the MFD to report better mpg etc which was proven by figuring it out tank to tank, which he is fastidious with.
Thanks for the reply. So the tuning chip gave better mpg? That's my main reason for either remapping or chip tuning my T6 150bhp as it's a camper conversion

Mine is Revo, since VAG recognise Revo. I am very impressed with it and went directly to Revo HQ in Daventry. There is lots of opinion and information across the forum relating to this same conversation. Ultimately there is always the possibility that a remap will invalidate your warranty, however it has to be linked. For example if you have a remap and then find you have engine/ drivetrain warranty claim - it'll probably be declined. Whereas if your warranty is claim is for a leaking tailgate brake light - the two things are not linked therefore they can't decline it.

You can always have the ECU flashed back to original before taking it in, but they will be able to see that the vehicle has been remapped previously.

Someone like Oli @BognorMotors who is a Revo authorised installer, or @Eclipse Campers equally an installer, will be worth discussing the ins and outs with.

Thanks for the reply. So the tuning chip gave better mpg? That's my main reason for either remapping or chip tuning my T6 150bhp as it's a camper conversion

Sorry, to be clear, it made no difference to mpg but it made out like it did by fooling the multi function display.
You're more likely to see a difference in mpg by getting a good remap, once you've got used to driving it. I did with my Pendle.

Sorry, to be clear, it made no difference to mpg but it made out like it did by fooling the multi function display.
You're more likely to see a difference in mpg by getting a good remap, once you've got used to driving it. I did with my Pendle.
That's because the plug in boxes change the information from the sensors before the ECU receives it. One of the signals they change is the common rail pressure so the ECU thinks the pressure is lower and as fuel delivery is based upon pressure and time, the amount of fuel the ECU thinks is being delivered is wrong.

Have a 68 plate 150 dsg and remaped with Revo stage 1 at 1yr and 9000 miles. Now on nearly 17000 and it has been fantastic. I had it put on for the torque increase for smooth relaxed driving. I typically get 38+ MPG and on long run I can usually get 41-42mpg.

By far the most important thing is the effortless drive and hills are now virtually non-existant as the torque just pulls effortlessly up hills and if you do overtake there is no revvy drama just a wave of torque.

Very happy with the remap.

IMHO Id steer away from tuning boxes, and stick to a map. Any doubts about your warranty, then wait till it's up, but happy to talk through all options if you want to give me a call.

Reactions: XZO
Back