Remaps

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by MicP, 16 May 2019.

1. MicP

MicP Member T6 Pro

Back in the day I had two T4's remapped; once at chipwizards and once at Pendle.
    Both took several hours, rolling road, lots of tinkering. £350 odd quid for half a day seemed back then like quite a lot of money but it was worth it.
    Now I read Revo is the place to go and found a localish place to go so I ask how long and get told half hour! £400 for half an hour! So that's a plug in and generic map.. suddenly I'm less keen. What's changed? Why can they just plug in stick a generic map on and charge £400, why doesn't it need a rolling road and carefully adjusted to suit?
    Do Pendle still do it on the rolling road or has that changed too?

2. zombie_T6

zombie_T6 Senior Member T6 Guru

They all have maps made now. Pendle and Revo have worked out a base setting that suits most vehicles, this gets applied and then on road test your live data is captured and then inspected. Its here the map is then often tweaked to suit your vehicle.
    The map installation is all done via the OBD port on the van, back in the day a lot of ECU's had to be removed and opened... this is where the time was spent.

Pendle wont road test the van when setting up the map but will instead use a rolling road but still checking the same data as the others check on road test.

You wont regret the Revo map, have a search for reviews on here..

DaveyB likes this.
  3. MicP

MicP Member T6 Pro

Ok that's good to know they road test it and tweak it, makes sense. Thanks for the info.

4. Colner

Colner Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I had my 204 DGS 4Motion remapped at Pendle HQ a couple of months ago and it was booked in for a good few hours. Martin has a double roller set up for 4-wheel drive vehicles and once he was happy with the rolling road, he took it out on a local test drive. I'm certainly happy with the increase to 257.

I heard that Leighton Vans moved to Revo for a while but reverted back to Pendle?

5. BognorMotors

BognorMotors Senior Member Trade Member T6 Guru

Map
    Leighton are now REVO.

6. Keeff

Keeff Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    Can any of you tell me if the ecu needs to come out and opened on a t6 euro 5 140 or can it be done through the connector port . Mine is coming up to 3 years old and was thinking of having it done .

7. gal2009

gal2009 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Its all done through the OBD Pport

Tags: