Crafter Remap - Yes/No

Donk

Now dormant
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So, I’ve just bought a 2019 140bhp MWB Crafter to convert. Anyone here remapped theirs? Always done my Transporters, just wondering about the Crafter.

So, I’ve just bought a 2019 140bhp MWB Crafter to convert. Anyone here remapped theirs? Always done my Transporters, just wondering about the Crafter.
I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this, my T6 has a speed limiter to 75 and i was thinking about a remap to remove it. There are benefits i have read about on here somewhere but i believe you have to be careful?

I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this, my T6 has a speed limiter to 75 and i was thinking about a remap to remove it. There are benefits i have read about on here somewhere but i believe you have to be careful?
Most limiters can be removed easily with VCDS

I think one of the areas to watch is the dual mass flywheel. Sending more torque through than it was designed for…£1400 bill.
Depends on how much torque the remap makes and maybe other factors such as wheel size too.

I keep reading about VCDS, is that some VW software different to the OFB devices?
VCDS is a MS Windows-based software system that interfaces directly with VAG-specific OBD data.

I had mine done, pulling 192bhp but it was throwing up exhaust gas faults. It took me ages to get it taken off and I would never recommend Pendle, They told me it was my van that was the problem not the remap throwing up the faults. Near new van with no problems until the map. I argued for ages.
Keep away from Pendle.
I have always used Celtic before and will do again shortly once I am over my anger of the last Pendle map.
It transformed the van but i found it was spinning the wheels in first gear too much so would probably advise not going the highest stage.

Last edited:
Back