Remap by CustomVanz

Chriswhit

not the Professor
T6 Pro
Anyone had any remapping done and who by .
My 180 had been mapped from new by custom vanz and is a claimed 245 bhp . Got it booked on a dyno today to see what the actual power output and torque figures will be , should be interesting !!!

That will be interesting @Chriswhit , are waiting to see the results you get .
It must be a quick machine with 200+ anyway ?

Yes @StudleyGlass got it booked in for three runs at 12.00 today . Happy with the power and plenty fast enough with great midrange torque , just been in for first service yesterday and new windscreen fitted due to big crack from a stone chip . Handed over £720.00 to VW Preston , not happy .

Yes @StudleyGlass got it booked in for three runs at 12.00 today . Happy with the power and plenty fast enough with great midrange torque , just been in for first service yesterday and new windscreen fitted due to big crack from a stone chip . Handed over £720.00 to VW Preston , not happy .
Going to ask the obvious question here- did your insurance not have windscreen cover?

Hi @CRD it's a fleet policy and has a £660.00 access so not worth a claim , want to keep our company premium down for next years renewal .

Results from today's dyno run . Used the dyno at Volks workshop at Blackpool . @Volksworkshopchris was a great guy , very friendly and really new his stuff. Great place for remaps and can recomend his work .
Trying to down load some photos of the dyno run with torque and power graphs but can't seem to add these images to my post , @Pauly is on the case to sort this out .
221.1 HP 238.2 ft.lbs eng torque . Nice smooth power curve to 3500 rpm . Chris says this is a good map and recommends to leave it on my van . As I thought not 245 bhp but as Chris said its not easy to dyno a DSG as it is difficult to get it to hold the gears . Will post graph details as soon as I can .

Is this a diesel? If so why is the torque so low. Should be 290lbft from stock. Power looks about right. Unless its the dsg causing the low torque reading of course.

Results from today's dyno run . Used the dyno at Volks workshop at Blackpool . @Volksworkshopchris was a great guy , very friendly and really new his stuff. Great place for remaps and can recomend his work .
Trying to down load some photos of the dyno run with torque and power graphs but can't seem to add these images to my post , @Pauly is on the case to sort this out .
221.1 HP 238.2 ft.lbs eng torque . Nice smooth power curve to 3500 rpm . Chris says this is a good map and recommends to leave it on my van . As I thought not 245 bhp but as Chris said its not easy to dyno a DSG as it is difficult to get it to hold the gears . Will post graph details as soon as I can .
238 ft/lbs, is that correct? As standard, the 180 is rated at 400Nm max torque, which is 295ft/lbs, so would have expected to see upwards of 300ft/lbs

Hi guys

We did runs in 4th and again in 5th which gave different torque figures, DSG can be a little fussy to dyno somtimes

the van ran around 340 tq on a couple of runs which is around spec for a tuned 180

i think i may still have that printout ill have a look in the morning

Thread merge
Hi

Has anybody used Custom Vans remap

Good or bad used or heard about them
Any info welcome

Thanks
Andy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I looked for a remap I searched them all.. custom vans seem to give the biggest output.

I settled for Revo in the end very pleased! It’s given the van a total change.

Not much help on the custom vans one though

I was already looking at the REVO, 95% there but I think you have made the decision for me

Regards
Andy

:) You just needed a nudge. After so much looking I kind Of felt revo seemed the best option.

what is your standard spec engine? I’ve got the 150ps manual. It’s really nice and smooth not aggressive good build up on power and less changing gear on the motorway. I found it was a bit gutless in higher gear from 50-70. The higher torque it now has is fantastic! I’m going to hate taking it off for that short time before it’s service!

I have a 102 five speed, euro 5
I already have it remap, but it’s a really poor remap
The torque isn’t controlled very well at all, in 3rd 4th and 5th above 1500rpm it try’s to put too much power threw the fly wheel and causes it to vibrate
I know it’s there so take it steady with the power, gently ease threw the excess power band
Luckily we don’t use it a lot , but it needs sorting to make it even more enjoyable to drive

This is why the indecisiveness on a new remap, wanting to get it right this time so to speak

Look at pendle mate

been toying with Pendle and revo at the moment and pendle have an offer on

Back