Remap And Lowering Effect On Insurance?

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
Just wondering how much a remap and lowering makes to insurance costs?

I'm considering both at the moment...

Just wondering how much a remap and lowering makes to insurance costs?

I'm considering both at the moment...
My insurers Comfort, didn’t add anything for lowering but said they would charge extra for anything that increases engine performance.

Lowering was nothing as included in allowed mods, I have 102 Revo remap and I think my insurance went up by ~£80 but worth it.

I'm with Adrian Flux, only thing that REALLY annoys me with AF are not the rates but every year I have to take photos and fill in an agreed valuation form which they charge me for. It's the same as last year, it's not like I have removed the conversion.

@goldeneye243 Brentacre don’t add anything for lowering or for a re-map either. They confirmed it with their underwriters when I was re-newing, as I was planning to have a REVO re-map on my 102ps T6...now on hold!

@goldeneye243 Brentacre don’t add anything for lowering or for a re-map either. They confirmed it with their underwriters when I was re-newing, as I was planning to have a REVO re-map on my 102ps T6...now on hold!

I've just taken out a policy with Brentacre and they told me any mods will not incur any additional costs as long as they don’t significantly change the value of the van or affect performance ie a re map.

I’ve just lowered mine today, will be contacting AVIVA in the morning to let them know. I’ll post the result tomorrow

Well AVIVA just tore me a new one charged me an additional £190 for lowering and new wheels. It’s the last time they get any money out of me

Here's a tip, when you phone your insurance always say you're thinking about lowering/adding new wheels. If you admit to them that you've already done it they've got you by the balls.

Back