Andy Moss

Hi All,

I'm new to the Transporter world. I've just signed up to get a T6 Highline 102bhp (Euro5) for a campervan conversion.
I was thinking of getting a 140bhp remap for the extra torque and economy. I'd even seen Celtic tuning were offering a 187bhp stage 2 remap but surely that's putting too much strain on all the rest of the components (clutch, drive shafts etc).

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations for a remap?

Cheers
Andy

Go to pendle. These 5 speeds need proper torque control and can make 167hp and 260lbft quite comfortably.

Pendle have corrected no end of Celtic remaps due to incorrect mapping.

Agreed, No point having a quick engine if it eats the gearbox

Go to pendle. These 5 speeds need proper torque control and can make 167hp and 260lbft quite comfortably.

Pendle have corrected no end of Celtic remaps due to incorrect mapping.

Thanks. One of the conversion companies quoted me for a Pendle upgrade so it's good to know there are other recommendations for them...

@Andy Moss try a Revo map , always had great results and never had any problems .

Cheers Chriswhit. The Revo site shows they can do the power from 102PS to 175 or 180PS and the torque from 184lbft to 252 or 265lbft. Any concerns with putting that much power through the 5-speed box or drivetrain? I would be nice to have that kind of power if possible...

I have 166bhp and 260ldft going through my t5 5speed. No issues. It did have 175bhp and 280lbft going through it from a dodgy remap but this destroyed the diff and had to get a new gearbox. Too much torque too soon. Pendle corrected it and no issues since. Less torque and peak torque much further up the rev range.

Hi,

i went for the 102ps engine in hope i would get good mpg, but its not as good as i would like. i told myself i would re map once the warranty expires as not wanting to void it. what are peoples thoughts on re mapping whilst in warranty and would the mpg improve??? all the mapping firms say it will improve but does it actually??

thanks for your info..

A very well documented topic, a little dabble in the search feature should answer all your questions but the gist is generally Pendle are the best guys to remap your van. Due to the 102 being a downgraded 140 you can get approx. 170 from a remap however this isn't always good are their are concerns about the power possibly doing some damage to the running gear. The general impression i've got is Pendle will take it up to about 150-160 however their power curve is more controlled than most reducing running gear stress. I'm also under the impression they will give you a degree of warranty. I haven't been researching in-depth so some of may facts may be slight adrift. I'm sure I will get corrected soon.

Think also the general rule seems to be little or no effect on fuel economy by increasing HP. Not sure if your wanting to re map for just increased mpg ?

You should see 170ish from a remap. But with the 5 speed box your mapper should keep the torque controlled and lower than what the 6 speed box would see. MPG increase is only due to the ease of driving it with the improved torque and power and not needing to use all the rev range like you do now. At best probably 2-3mpg I would guess, but it shouldn’t be any worse.

Remap on warranty....yes yes yes.

Improve mpg....no no no.

That's with experience of both my old t5 and current t6.

I have booked my T6 (non adblue) 102 in for a re-map. I am using Rhino Remaps of Heywood, Lancs. They say an economy remap will give 60 bhp more and should improve fuel consumption by 10%. Anyone used them?

I have not used them.
When researching remaps, I found a number of comments about the 5 speed box needing a careful torque map otherwise it can get overloaded and cause problems.

I have booked my T6 (non adblue) 102 in for a re-map. I am using Rhino Remaps of Heywood, Lancs. They say an economy remap will give 60 bhp more and should improve fuel consumption by 10%. Anyone used them?

Cancel the booking and go to Pendle Performance instead, this engine is the one they tune the most often, large power increases are possible from this engine however if the torque is too high it'll break the gearbox output shaft on 5 speeds.

Find Pendle on FB and look for their post from the 28th of March, unless Rhino can offer you that level of detail about their tune walk away.

I'd like this to be clarified but I believe I read that pendle are the only company offering remaps that also offer some kind of warranty with/on their work. Please research this further.

I can vouch for Pendle. I've had a Pendle remap and Revo. They were on different vehicles but both T5 2.5's. I much preferred the Pendle map. Loads more low down torque and better MPG. The Revo, whilst flipping rapid doesn't feel that much different until it's over 2000 revs which means you're caining fuel to feel it's benefits. As a result no gain in MPG. I'd go Pendle if I wasn't worried about the warranty and probably will when the warranty runs out.

Back