Relocate dash switches?

Diesel9a1

T6 Pro
So the blanks near the gear stick are for electric sliding doors and other stuff. For me, all 6 are blank.
On the left, i have hazards, windscreen heater, stop start, airbag light, parking (i think - not currently at van.)
I'd like to move all bar the airbag to the right cluster, BUT the switches are angled either to the left or the right.

Can we get the same switches, but angled the other way?

I'd love to do this too, not managed to find anything so far.

The other problem would be the extension of the loom.

I've not looked behind there yet, but the loom had also crossed my mind. Might be lucky in that it is fed from the right hands side but.....

As @Pauly has said before VW make different looms for each variant so I would say loom would be different if the switches are swapped for LHD but they might not, you need to have a look at the brochure pictures for LHD and RHD versions.

No OE switches available for the right hand side to move them over, only ones available are as fitted normally ie 4 motion/rear heating etc

Silly VW! So we got to reach across, take our eyes off the road to find the button we need? Annoying!!

Came across this pic and noticed its a RHD but has start/stop, hazard light and airbag switches to the right of the heater controls. Does this mean right hand switches and left hand blanks can now be sourced as parts from VW to retrofit them where they should be located. ie without having to walk to them. Part numbers? How easy is it to do?

Screenshot_20171015-194213.png

Ah. Sharp eyesight there @Pauly. Picture is from ebay advertising the phone holder. Guess hiking boots will still be required for the foreseeable.

What if those switches were the other way round on the German market in the first place? I bet some would still want the swapped over just because they haven't been moved over for our market :)

Im guessing its just cost cutting, but its crap ergonomics. On that note, was the dash on the T5 a bit better laid out. From pictures, it looks like the heater and radio controls are a bit closer to the driver.

Im guessing its just cost cutting, but its crap ergonomics. On that note, was the dash on the T5 a bit better laid out. From pictures, it looks like the heater and radio controls are a bit closer to the driver.
Why have switches at all?

A touch screen system using the radio would be cheaper anyway

@Loz You'd have to have the radio on. Also, there isn't enough space on the screen for the buttons to be big enough / easy enough - WITHOUT navigating three levels deep to the "Button Menu".

Just design buttons for the RHD market and maybe a loom extender for these buttons to go from L-R and visa versa as an aftermarket pimp up option.

Back