Fitting Kombi seats - reinforcement plates.

jamob

Hi all

I've just ordered 2no. middle row middle seats (with integrated seat belts) to fit in the 3rd row of my kombi. I'm planning on fitting them left and right (tight to the arches). I've seen it done before but I'm unsure of which reinforcement plates I need to fit underneath?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jamo

Hi

Im sure someone much more cleverer than me will be along soon to advise, but I don’t think you need the reinforcement plates if you’re fitting the seats in the 3rd row..

have Kombi seats with floor brackets which I want to fit into a panel van, 2015 T6. When I removed the ply lining I was expecting to see threaded inserts for both the upper and lower seat belt mounts as I had on an earlier T5. These aren’t present so I need to fit threaded strengthening plates at the top, a bracelet and the bottom and I’m guessing something under the chassis. I’m goi g to get a friend with a garage do do the technical work but I need to buy the relevant strengthening plates and brackets. What do I need and where can I get them! Thankyou i hope someone can help.

morning @JH67 and welcome to the forum.
i can't help you personally but there's definitely info about that on here, have you tried using the search function?
failing that i'm sure they'll be someone cleverer than I along soon...

cheers

morning @JH67 and welcome to the forum.
i can't help you personally but there's definitely info about that on here, have you tried using the search function?
failing that i'm sure they'll be someone cleverer than I along soon...

cheers
Yes there is a lot on this topic but to be specific. I have no fixed locations on the door pillar for the seat belt mounts. Any ideas? I’ll try and post pictures

IIRC the seat belt reel mechanism has the threaded boss in it so the bolt just passes through the chassis and into the mechanism.

Cannot see from the pic whether the lower anchor is present for the tail end of the belt. Upper fixings are available to add albeit fiddly to install. Part numbers and fixing height will be on the forum - search function is pretty good.

15 seconds on the search to find this. The part number for the upper mount is in there.

Another excellent ‘how to’ thread…

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a certificate of conformity for aftermarket fitment of seat belt mounts, I have a sheet that indicates C Pillars have been reinforced with Fully Tested Laser Cut Plates that conform to 76/115EEC 2205/41/EC for M1 in Vehicle Tested

Back