Reimo Variotech Rails Bike Fittings

mattyman

Hi,

I had the cardio Trex bed installed on the rails and wanted to know if anybody had come up with a way to secure bikes into them or if there is anything available to buy ?

I had been looking for something similar. I am thinking of attaching a Fortywinks bike station to the floor. The items that Ricardo has linked to above, I received yesterday. They do fasten onto the rails. Not intended for the rail but do fit. Be aware though, the item describes them as having a 25mm long bolt. Mine were 35mm, so when fastened tight the bolt almost reaches the inside top of the ring, and getting straps through would be difficult. I just added some of my own large washers in between the ring and the rubber backed washer supplied with them gaining some room inside the ring to attach strapping.
If just using as a securing bolt for the bike station then the extra length of the T bar wouldn't be an issue.

@Nige_g Im thinking of the Fortywinks too behind my Remio Vario bed, so very interested to see how you get on - can you send some pics please when all set up?

@Nige_g Im thinking of the Fortywinks too behind my Remio Vario bed, so very interested to see how you get on - can you send some pics please when all set up?
I am away next week, so won't order it yet as I don't want it sitting on my doorstep. But when I do get it, yes I will.

The chap that bought my T4 some years back made threaded plates that slid in the runners then just screwed eye bolts into them when he wanted to secure items.

Back