Reimo Roof Add-on Gutter Channels To Prevent Wet Seats!

It's just a length of profiled rubber channel that you bend to the shape you want it to follow and stick it with the attached 3M tape. The idea is that you mount it on the roof and A pillar and follow the shape of the door as in Peatey's pic above, and then bend the front down so that water runs down and drips onto the front wing instead of inside the driver's door when you open it. Simple but effective.

I have C channel awning rail on both sides and it doesn't help in the slightest. If you wanted to put it above the sliding door you would probably need a second length so you could channel the water forward and then down onto the wing as before. Saying that, I've never had a problem of water dripping into the sliding door when it's opened, I think it's just a design flaw of the front gutters (or absence)
Thank you for the comprehensive answer. Appreciated ... I can buy 2 any length off ebay ... so will see how we get o. Thanks again.

Well, we had the 1st bit of rain today. I drove off after parking up for an hour in the rain, took a left hander and a waterfall down the window... so the Reimo rubber stops drips but not a serious bit of H2O..

How bad was it @Wills on a scale of 1 to 10 v Your expectations .... I guess if you didn't have them now - would you still buy them?

It’s not a case of scoring the product, as it failed my expectations. I was sceptical on the whole design..... good for drips but not for the surge.... Reimo rail is probably the way forward....

They wont stop the surge. But I'm happy as before every time I opened doors in the wet or rain I would get wet from water from the roof and it would soak the door steps. Now that doesn't happen any more.

They wont stop the surge. But I'm happy as before every time I opened doors in the wet or rain I would get wet from water from the roof and it would soak the door steps. Now that doesn't happen any more.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I think this is the thing: Reimo - Plastic rain gutter 1, 5m, self adhesive. I say for what it's worth as although I bought one a while ago, it's not yet fitted it and I cannot therefore review it! I haven't got a garage and am therefore just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit as I've always found that sticky stuff seems to work better then.

PS. I posted the above and then saw that Dilbert had posted his! FWIW, the Kiravans one seems cheaper but you'l need to check whether they (and/or CMC) charge shipping.

For what it's worth, I think this is the thing: Reimo - Plastic rain gutter 1, 5m, self adhesive. I say for what it's worth as although I bought one a while ago, it's not yet fitted it and I cannot therefore review it! I haven't got a garage and am therefore just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit as I've always found that sticky stuff seems to work better then.
Many thanks @Ayjay for the link .... appreciate it.

IMG_20200414_174255.jpgIMG_20200414_174315.jpg

Fitted my bargain Reimo rain gutter yesterday, just over £5 delivered from kiravans, excellent service.

Anyway, how far towards the front have folk ran them? I've ran it to the gap above the front wing and cut it at an angle to make, not sure if it looks right or not. Maybe I should of cut it a couple of inch up just above the wing mirror plastic so it doesn't have that second bend?
Yes first world problems I know :)

Looks alright as is but £5 delivered? Is that a typo or a special offer as I could't find it under the £15 that I paid Reimo for the same. I've not fitted it yet as I was waiting for the weather to warm up a bit and will probably crack on tomorrow. It did however occur to me to do the passenger side as well - I've got a Reimo rail on it which means that the part of the door under it is protected but that still leaves the 'downward" part which might let water run in (about 28"). Being a tightwad, I just didn't fancy buying the long strip knowing that I would be binning half or it but if it's only a fiver......

They had a £10 off code that I saw on FB last week or so, didn't think it would work on a £15 item, but it did. I'm assuming expired now though.
Also free delivery at the moment :)
Yes I've got a multirail on the passenger side too, not going to bother with any of this on that side.

Back