Reimo Rail - Vango Galli Ii

vw-me

T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend a few bits to go with my Awning and Rail ?

I need the connector piece that goes between the awning and the rail and am unsure on which one to get.

Also I don’t want to unpack the Awning until I go away and am wondering how good/bad the pegs are that come with it ? The last thing I want is to be bending pegs.

So possibly need a decent set of pegs, hammer or screw in type ?

Cheers

The Vango pegs are just (albeit quite decent) wire tent pegs - they, together with the mallet the awnings come with, will be fine in grass but you may struggle on hard standing. Whenever we camp, we have always carried a set of rock pegs together with a normal claw hammer to drive them in and get them out - these now live permanently in the back of the van but, so far, have not been used with the Vango awnings we have.

I like the look of this rascal
(Update—-I’ve just accidentally bought it)

I’ll have to measure my van
Not sure if I need 3m or 4m ?

View attachment 18923
You'll only need the 3m as the tunnel that connects to the van is less than this. More important is to ensure you get the correct Kador strip bead sizes - they come in 6mm to 6mm and 6mm to 4mm. I connect via a Fiamma wind out awning and use 6mm to 4mm (Fiamma has 4mm channels) but I'm pretty sure your Reimo has a 6mm channel, hence I think you need 6mm to 6mm (NB. I'm not 100% on the Reimo channel size so double check before ordering).

You'll only need the 3m as the tunnel that connects to the van is less than this. More important is to ensure you get the correct Kador strip bead sizes - they come in 6mm to 6mm and 6mm to 4mm. I connect via a Fiamma wind out awning and use 6mm to 4mm (Fiamma has 4mm channels) but I'm pretty sure your Reimo has a 6mm channel, hence I think you need 6mm to 6mm (NB. I'm not 100% on the Reimo channel size so double check before ordering).

Thanks for this @Davenjo

We bought a set of rock pegs similar to those above, plus a standard claw hammer - work fine on a hardstanding pitch.

Pete

Back