Reimo awning rail drive away kit

PeterB54

T6 Pro
Hi
Now we have the camper back and a drive away awning I have a question.
Camper is LWB and fitted with Reimo awning rail.
So which kit is best for use as adapter between van and awning?

I have a kador strip and 3 x 1m lengths of figure of 8 strips to join the rail to the awning. works very well with no drips through to speak of. just bought on eBay

The Kador Strip is a must if you want to actually drive away but I've always found that the small gap between each piece of figure 8 leaks whenever it rains. I tried (and failed) to source single long piece of figure 8 last year so resorted to gaffer tape over each joint which sort of made it better but didn't solve the problem completely. I'm going to try to sort out another solution before we gain more freedom this year. FWIW, my local camping / caravanning store sells sells both Vango and unbranded driveaway kits as well as Kador by the metre.

The Kador Strip is a must if you want to actually drive away but I've always found that the small gap between each piece of figure 8 leaks whenever it rains. I tried (and failed) to source single long piece of figure 8 last year so resorted to gaffer tape over each joint which sort of made it better but didn't solve the problem completely. I'm going to try to sort out another solution before we gain more freedom this year. FWIW, my local camping / caravanning store sells sells both Vango and unbranded driveaway kits as well as Kador by the metre.

Hi . Don’t know if you sorted the Fig 8 ...we looked online but delivery costs are sky high For long lengths ..but our local caravan shop supplies long lengths of Figure 8... but then you have the problem of where to store it ( Swb ) it slides under the seat,... but cures that problem of needing 6 pairs of hands to fit the drive away kit :)

as example

A03C1D1A-01D3-4245-BA09-6034EA0C0C39.png

Last edited:
@VanDamMan. Thanks for that it's very useful to know that the longer lengths of the stuff are at least available somewhere. Maybe I'll look again (but in earnest this time!). Again, thanks.

PS. In theory at least, I've already sussed somewhere unobtrusive to stow it - just need to procure and test!

Back