Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters
Finding a relevant number plate is no easy task. I have been looking for months to no avail.

Any plate with T32 as the first three digits is impossible to find.

The hunt continues.

About 25 years ago a BMW went past me at the end of the M67 with the plate
CUE 80Y and it was Jimmy White driving it.
Presumably on his way to Sheffield Crucible at the time.

Not to far from me I’ve seen 2 cars owned by the same family with registration plates ‘2’ and ‘4’ I think. The only single digit plates I’ve seen.

Not to far from me I’ve seen 2 cars owned by the same family with registration plates ‘2’ and ‘4’ I think. The only single digit plates I’ve seen.
Probably worth more than the cars they put them on!

This thread is like playing Monopoly and Scrabble at the same time, I must admit I don’t get the novelty number plate game at all.

So how do they pay for parking when the machine tells you to put in the last three letters of your numberplate?!
If it's a pay and display, I'd put in 222 or 444. It's only an indication that you've bought the ticket and not been given it by someone leaving with some time left on theirs.

This thread is like playing Monopoly and Scrabble at the same time, I must admit I don’t get the novelty number plate game at all.
I can understand some, I just dont get the ones where people adjust the spacing or letters/numbers to make something else. Or even the ones that just seem to be a normal number plate but not the right age for the car.

I originally bought mine to fit better in the recess of a Jap import car to avoid having a huge square plate blocking the intercooler.

SCAN0018.JPG

I just dont get the ones that just seem to be a normal number plate but not the right age for the car.
I don't get/like them. There is an old boy round here with DE53 TEE. His name is Des and he plays golf. When he changed his car and transferred the plate, I asked him about it and he explained it's meaning. If he hadn't, I'd have been none the wiser.

I guess that's the whole point tho'. It's personal to him, and bugger what anyone else thinks.

Not generally my thing either however I did see a Rolls Royce Phantom bearing the plate “1R” at the weekend which did look eye catchingly good. If I had a spare £500k knocking about I might have considered it!! :)

Back